Computer online stores with international shipping?

wow, I can't believe how complicated all of those taxes get for you folks... here if you order it from another state there are NO taxes at all because we don't have a national sales tax and the buisiness is interstate so it falls under the jurisdiction of the national government, not the states'.

I was just there, chose "German" and that's what I saw. That's what _we_ get to pay with our taxes (customs etc.). It calculates it for us WITH the taxes.

There are other places in which you pay USD and just have to go through a special route for oredring internatinally wether $399.99 plus whatever it costs to ship is cheaper than buying it in Europe I have no clue.

xxx and the rest, thanks for the tips (though my german is terrible, I'd have to guess my way through the ordering process if I were to buy from your link, heh :p).

So there doesn't seem to exist any internationally shipping firms in the US? Fuck. Coz they don't get all the cool products here, mobos and such I could find, but power supplies, memory, coolers, that kind of misc stuff can be very difficult to track down unless I go for generic items (which I probably won't do, or else I could just order a system from Dell and get away with something cheaper than what I could assemble myself).

Well, uh, Dell boxes are only Inhell inside of course, and there's NO tweaking options built into them (whereas even Inhell retail boards allow some minor O/C-ing these days) and the performance of the hardware is rather conservative, but apart from that they're not that bad at all. Oh, and some of the hardware in the system may be custom too... :p

What's good with 'em is they're very solidly built, the chassis are good and easy to work in; no rough edges, very good quality on all components including the chassis, power supply and motherboard, and the design is rather nice I think. Especially the XPS boxes look boss IMO, though these are way expensive of course.

Finally, one can get a really neat system put together complete with flatscreen monitor for not all that much money as long as one doesn't add in any extra harddrives, memory etc other than what's included in the pre-defined package, as they rip people off on the extra stuff.

I wouldn't completely mind a Dell; I have a Dell now and it's served me really well for over thee years with ZERO hardware issues whatsoever other than I had to replace the fans (bearings wore out). That's expected though, as fans die sometime anyway. Also, their on-site support is quite good IMO. :p

I love the USA since I can build my own Pc for quite a bit less then they charge gets much better performance too. 8)

Xenus said:
I love the USA since I can build my own Pc for quite a bit less then they charge gets much better performance too. 8)
Yeah, but I hope NewEgg.com really does start shipping international this year so all our buds can enjoy the goodness too. :?

I've found that buying anything but DVDs or console games in North America isn't worth the trouble. You have to pay import duty, you have to pay import VAT (which usually is the same as your national VAT) on both, the value of the good as well as the shipping costs - that alone eats up most of the price advantage. It's not worth the hazzle, seriously.

For people from EU countries with high VAT it is probably the best idea to buy in EU countries with lower VAT. Germany is hands down the best European market for computer stuff. It's the biggest market and there are a lot of players on the market. The VAT is with 16% pretty low (only Luxemburg, Malta and Cyprus have lower VAT).

The only market comparable to Germany is Spain. They have the same VAT and I've heard they have a comparably competetive market.

Whether Spain or Germany... the main problem is probably the language barrier. Also, not all accept credit card payment. Plus, for the outsider it is pretty hard to judge if the online shop is trustworthy.

Guden, the link in german can also be found as http://www.alternate.net/ and they 3 or 4 different languages/stores to choose from. I've been buying from them here in spain from a couple of months and they have great stuff/catalog/price/service.

Well, the prices won't be as low as in the States, but Overclockers UK ship within the EU -- shipping options are either Royal Mail International Priority Signed (£14.75 / ~ 21 Euro) or Parcelforce Euro 48 (£41.00 / ~ 59 Euro).

I've been using them for most of my pc hardware for the past few years and they have a pretty good reputation, as well as a very comprehensive product range, tailored to the enthusiast and performance user. They seem to get large amounts of new items in stock and will generally only make items available for pre-order once they have a confirmed delivery shipment.

Their prices are generally quite competitive relative to other UK prices and they tend to be updated/lowered fairly regularly, although on the whole, all products have quite a high premium compared to typical US prices. OcUK apparently also get UK priority allocation for specific product lines, such as the latest GPU's, SLI motherboards, due to the site's popularity with enthusiasts and overclockers.

Their forums are very active and generally a good resource, although some of the rules and enforcement can be a bit draconian,[Rant ON] i.e. I couldn't post a recommendation such as this there, unless it was of products that they stocked -- you can't mention any direct or indirect competitors at all, which while I can understand to a degree from a business perspective, I would think that ultimately any lost business due to forum users going elsewhere for a specific part would be fairly negligable (given the continued huge growth that OcUK has experienced over the last few years) and recouped through a wider loyalty, encouraged by a more liberated forum community.[Rant OFF] One of the things that I like about communities/forums like Beyond3D that don't have a vested financial interest in a particular product, is that users can point out different products/deals to others and talk about pretty much anything (within reason) without recrimination in a "reasonable" and proportionate atmosphere.

BrynS

Back