Christmas Magic : My first game for the iPad is on the App Store now ! :)

Done.

Would you be able to give us the low down about the game ? e.g., How much memory does Unity run-time take ? What about the game ? Is it the same for all the iPad models ? Are you happy with Unity ?

Do you have to optimize for iPad 1 separately since the h/w is rather slow when running some modern iOS software (the iTextBooks may stutter on iPad 1).

I will have my kid review your game. ^_^
He's really eager to try it last night.

I would love to answer all your queries, but would rather pass them on to my programmer partner for correct answers. We made one build but it seems to be crashing on the iPad first gen. Most prbly running out of memory. Unity is fine as once we have this running, getting a windows build out was a breeze. We'll soon have it live on the Chrome WebStore. Mac App Store build is alos just a matter of clicking build, but we are pursuing Chrome first as CHrome means the game runs on Windows/mac and linux in one go without spending on licensing fees on the Mac store.Android build also runs but it will have to optimised for individual hardwares , hence, its a no show right now.

Hmm I like the idea of having a book to unfold the story...may have to steal that idea :)

Hey :p !

Ok, B3D !

Please heed this as a distress call ! An SOS signal ! An “All Hands to the Oars !” call !

I request all of you, each of you to please post our trailer+Itunes Link+blog Link once in your facebook profile and/or Google + profiles. and please make this one post "Public" so that maximum people can see it on the net. It will take just a few clicks from you, max 5 mins of time, but it will mean visibility in a lot of countries which we otherwise are completely unable to promote our game in.

Itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-magic-+/id587804888?ls=1&mt=8

Trailer on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2G_GpXy1Xs

Hi-res Trailer to upload on ur youtube channel:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43442100/ChristmasMagicTrailer01H.264Version1.0.mp4

Blog link(if u want): http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/

Downloads have dropped in all the countries now, except India, because India is where people are able to see our trailer, due to our posts in FB, Twitter and Google +. The trailer seems to be working its magic and we are getting good hits in India. But India is not where the market is, the market is in the US, Europe and Australia. Thats where sales happen, and those numbers have been constantly declining in the last few days and have almost become negligible now :( !The game has got buried under newer releases in the AppStore and the trailer is our only way back up right now !
Please, please, please take out 5 mins and please post the trailer+Itunes link on ur social networking websites. You can say something like "A friend Dev's game on the APp store. Looks pretty cool !" or promising ! Or is awesome ! Its your choice, but please do !

This game has shown immense potential , all it needs is visibility. I am working all day n night mailing each n every gaming blog and website to carry our story and review, but those efforts will take a long time to bear fruit as almost all websites have long waiting times. But posts on FB/Twitter/G+/ and uploading the trailer on your youtube accounts can bear instant results !

Please help us out ! we have had 1000+ downloads but we can't lose the momentum now.

Do PM me if you post my links on ur profiles, pls, will provide a lot of encouragement.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread might be lonely but Christmas Magic is going places on the interwebz ! Christmas Magic featured on the front page of AnimationXpress.com ! Chk it out !

http://renegaderocks.blogspot.in/2012/04/lil-pono-sighted-on-animatinxpresscoms.html

Oh boy, L'il Pono is getting famous , so he got new shades like me :cool: !

k0oxs.png

:D

hello renegade,
sorry cant try the game i dont have iOS devices :(

btw can you upload the video to mediafire?
i want to see the video but cant stream youtube (my isp only allow it in very late night)

thanks

hello renegade,
sorry cant try the game i dont have iOS devices :(

btw can you upload the video to mediafire?
i want to see the video but cant stream youtube (my isp only allow it in very late night)

thanks

Sure, will do , dude ! :)

ALso, our game got a front page treatment in GamingXpress.com. The writing quality is questionable, but atleast we got a feature :cool: !
http://www.gamingxpress.com/newsitem/items/Free_Zen_game_Christmas_Magic_available_for_iPad.html

Chk it out ! I have asked the girl there to add the trailer in it too, as its the trailer that does the magic !

Am trying new stuff to keep the buzz alive :D !

2e3u9hs.png

I other news, Update 1.1 is live ! Optimisations for first gen iPads, hopefully the crash is solved now. Numerous tweaks, some errors were corrected and now you can earn free goodies inside the game which otherwise cost $$$ !
Also, was very pleased when I got a few mails and comments on the trailer on different channels, telling me how kids are loving the game. Got a call from one guy who says his mother loves playing the game and thinks its very beautiful :p !

If you have it already, update it now for the free stuff. If you haven't, what are you waiting for ?!?!? Be CooL :cool: ! Download Christmas Magic now !

Hope your game is selling well. It looks nice! I posted a link to the trailer on Twitter but I'm wondering if the game has a dedicated home page? Maybe that would help get more people to find your game using Google?

Hope your game is selling well. It looks nice! I posted a link to the trailer on Twitter but I'm wondering if the game has a dedicated home page? Maybe that would help get more people to find your game using Google?

Thanx for the appreciation :) ! We had amazing response and sales in the first 2 weeks, but honestly the visibility is dropping now. We got a boost recently when it was featured on Touchgameplay , a youtube channel for iOS games, but we need more publicity. More reviews !

So, any little gesture like yours is greatly appreciated ! Thanx a ton :smile: ! Can you point me to your tweet, so that I can link to it on more places ?

As for the Home page, we have a FB page which we are using for that purpose.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christmas-Magic-/282606301781608

ALso, providing related news and updates regularly on my blog :
http://renegaderocks.blogspot.com/

We do have a domain name, but never got time to set it up :cry: ! Its basically just my programmer partner working on updates and me working on everything else !

Sure, here's the link.

The great thing with a dedicated home page for your app is that people can find all the related info (YouTube video, blog, link to App Store, screenshots, Facebook Like-button etc) from a one place. I've been doing this with my Windows Phone apps for some time now and they work OK.I just try to keep the page very simplistic, where the main focus is few screenshots and a download link.

If you decide to make the home pages for the app, just make sure that you do those in such a way that updating the page with new content is easy :) Something like Wordpress works great as a content platform. If you want, you can easily create a new dedicated Wordpress-instance using Amazon EC2 Marketplace. Amazon EC2 offers a free micro instance for a year and it could work well in your situation.

I'm using static web sites created with Graze.. I have created a custom Graze Template for my needs so if I need a new page for my new app, I just pull down the template, edit the XML with details about the new app and let the Graze to generate the site :)

What I've noticed with Windows Phone Marketplace is that free sells better. One thing you could try is to release first parts of your app for free and then make the users pay for the full content using micro transactions.

@Miksu : thanx for all the advice. I'll make sure we have a website soon.

A massive good News : Christmas Magic has been featured on the front page of "What's Hot" under th e"Puzzles" and "Family" categories, on the Indian store :p ! Just found out while browsing the store ! We beat "Where's my Water?" and "Cut the Rope" to the front page !

I am so overjoyed !!!!

30v0goy.png

:cool:

I think we'll have an in-app sale soon to celebrate this ! :p

A massive good News : Christmas Magic has been featured on the front page of "What's Hot" under th e"Puzzles" and "Family" categories, on the Indian store :p ! Just found out while browsing the store ! We beat "Where's my Water?" and "Cut the Rope" to the front page !

Excellent, congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
The best XMas game is back as

"Christmas Magic +"

2affsli.jpg

We have relaunched the game this Xmas as Christmas Magic +. Redone a lot of gfx, improved performance on older iPads and now iPad 1 is fully supported. We have been gathering tips and reviews from the industry since April, and this new version is an amalgamation of all our efforts. We showed our game to everyone, from Rovio to kids in local schools, and the reviews have been amazing !

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as we enjoyed creating it !

Merry Xmas everyone :cool: !

Download now(FREE) : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-magic-+/id587804888?ls=1&mt=8
:p

Back