Christmas Magic : My first game for the iPad is on the App Store now ! :)

Hi fellow B3Dians !

After months of trials and tribulations, my first game for the iPad is live on the AppSotre now :p !
Here's the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/christmas-magic-+/id587804888?ls=1&mt=8

Its a puzzle game wrapped inside a story book. Its free to download with in-app purchases. We were supposed to hit Christmas with it, hence the whole christmas packaging, but we could not. it has just gone live on the 3rd of April, just in time for the Easter holidays !
Here are some screens:
1q1fk8.png

r08awy.png

2itkgpi.png

Please download it , play it and leave some good ratings and reviews. it will help me a lot ! It would be great if some of you could feature it/review it on your blogs or youtube channels as I am trying my best, but don't have any kindof marketing campaign in solid right now.

Positive thing is that people seem to be liking it as we have had 400 downloads on the first day without any kindof publicity other than telling family n friends ! Even got a few 5 star ratings :cool: !

Lets get the ball rolling in B3D ! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the text in this easy to translate? If so I could give you a Dutch translation, and in return my family can play it. ;)

Is the text in this easy to translate? If so I could give you a Dutch translation, and in return my family can play it. ;)

As an aside, for not being a native English speaker your English is excellent. Kudos for mastering another language.

We can work on that in a few weeks time. Text translation might be easy but if you have seen the game all the text is in the form of textures. So, I will have to remake all text part in photoshop. It will be time consuming process, but surely if it boosts sales, we'll definitely do it. Thanx for the help :) ! And your family can already play it, its free to download. I will really appreciate if you guys spend in it too ;) ! It will be perfect for your little guy at home.

Well done! Don't have iOS. Is there a YouTube vid?

Thanx Shifty ! I am working on the Youtube vid currently. Need it for reviews on websites. Can you guide me to some good free video editing softwares?

Need an Android port as all I have is a rooted Nook.

Android/Mac and PC version will come in due time. We are just two guys hammering on keyboards and pencils :smile: !

and guys it will really help me, if you guys can leave rating and reviews on the app store. We have got a very positive start with 400 downloads on the first day, but we need to keep up the momentum :p !

As an aside, for not being a native English speaker your English is excellent. Kudos for mastering another language.
He's Dutch. They're born trilingual. ;)

Thanx Shifty ! I am working on the Youtube vid currently. Need it for reviews on websites. Can you guide me to some good free video editing softwares?
For simple edits, Windows Live Movie Maker should be enough. Or what's on your iPad?!

I'll do my part when the Android version launch. Congratulations on getting your game out there.

Just a thought, but maybe it would be great to support the B3D small developers with a dedicated thread.

He's Dutch. They're born trilingual. ;)

For simple edits, Windows Live Movie Maker should be enough. Or what's on your iPad?!

I tried Movie maker, its export options are too limited. I was more used to Premiere at my old job. Downmloading Avid trial version right now.

I'll do my part when the Android version launch. Congratulations on getting your game out there.
You can still help by spreading the word to your iPad wielding friends :cool: !

I tried Movie maker, its export options are too limited. I was more used to Premiere at my old job. Downmloading Avid trial version right now.
There are fully functional time-limited trials of some editors. Download the trial to make some vids over the month for free. ;)

Any plans for a PlayBook/BlackBerry10 version? There are more than 1.3 million PlayBooks sold, and the BB10 devices should do multiple millions per quarter when they are released later this year.

Also, less competition on a new platform makes it easier to get your app noticed.

Any plans for a PlayBook/BlackBerry10 version? There are more than 1.3 million PlayBooks sold, and the BB10 devices should do multiple millions per quarter when they are released later this year.

Also, less competition on a new platform makes it easier to get your app noticed.

We are working on Android and desktop versions. Just being two guys , its taking a lot of time. BB is not on plans right now, but I''ll surely discuss it with my partner. Thanx for the advice :smile: !

Check your PM for my initial feedback, RenegadeRocks.

Replied. DO reply whether you have ipad1,2 or 3.

In other news, the trailer is finally done and done........... and live now in 720p glory :

Chk it out guys and leave some comments and feedback :cool: !

Makes good sense to target Android as its games market is very weak IMO. Only I hope Renegade doesn't hit hardware incompatibilities and support issues. I can't get Puzzle Quest 2 for either of my Droid devices. :(

Makes good sense to target Android as its games market is very weak IMO. Only I hope Renegade doesn't hit hardware incompatibilities and support issues. I can't get Puzzle Quest 2 for either of my Droid devices. :(

Thats the biggest problem with Android. We cannot support every device out there. There are just too many hardware configs and too many weird resolutions out there. impossible to test them, let alone cater to them all. Samsung Galaxy Tab is all I have access to right now ....

I have used a pretty decent oss video editor before. When I get home I'll look up what it was and send a link.

I used Avid trial version for this trailer. Turned out fine :) !

Hey guys, how do you like the trailer ? :p

Thats the biggest problem with Android. We cannot support every device out there. There are just too many hardware configs and too many weird resolutions out there. impossible to test them, let alone cater to them all. Samsung Galaxy Tab is all I have access to right now ....
I've just started writing Android apps. I've a ASUS Transformer and a Galaxy Ace phone if you want to send me stuff to test.
Hey guys, how do you like the trailer ? :p
Aha! I can see what the game is now. Looks good! Great quality production values for just the two of you.

Replied. DO reply whether you have ipad1,2 or 3.

Done.

Would you be able to give us the low down about the game ? e.g., How much memory does Unity run-time take ? What about the game ? Is it the same for all the iPad models ? Are you happy with Unity ?

Do you have to optimize for iPad 1 separately since the h/w is rather slow when running some modern iOS software (the iTextBooks may stutter on iPad 1).

Chk it out guys and leave some comments and feedback :cool: !

I will have my kid review your game. ^_^
He's really eager to try it last night.

Back