Chasing puppies around the neighborhood...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...ain't as fun as it sounds, and it can just put one right into a foul mood before coffee.

I opened the backdoor to let them out as usual this morning, but my wife had left the garage door open so rather than going in the backyard they all bolted out the front and ran merrily thru the neighborhood with me chasing them. :?

(I guess "chasing" is the wrong word as there is no way I could keep up with puppies in their prime, more like "wandering around the neighborhood in my pajamas with an occasional helpful neighbor sticking their head out the door to say "they went that a way" and point for me.)

I didn't catch them, but I did finally manage to persuade them to come home. Now they're all doing the puppy exhausted/happy sleep thing and I'm trying to have a cup of coffee and stop that damned vein in my forehead from throbbing. :?

John Reynolds said:
The puppies knew you needed the exercise. :p
I think it's far more likely that the puppies are trying to kill him. They're evil, you know.

I got friendly neighbors, and I'm pretty sure they know I'm crazy already. (But they also know I'm a harmless and helpful kind of crazy and not the bad kind. ;) )

I really hated it, the panic factor along with the realization that my puppies could probably outrun trackstars right now just sort of made my half-awake brain hurt....fortunately the neighbors are getting used to our pups escaping occassionally and they think it's cute more than anything else. (My puppies are nothing but loving and friendly, and when they run loose they stay together in a pack exploring/playing....it IS actually cuter/funnier than hell, just not when you're the one trying to round them up.)

I just wander around yelling for them until I see 'em, then I call their names and they just BOLT back into the garage and wait by the backdoor for me. :rolleyes:

I take Isis la Fox daily to walk and she's obedient. She'll never cross a street without specific orders. But I'm always afraid that a car may hit her, even though I live in a relatively small town and there isn't that much car traffic.

That's the danger with dogs that live inside a house/apartment, sometimes they run like crazy when they reach the street/liberty and don't see a car coming fast.

My puppies don't quite grasp the concept of "obedience" yet, it ain't how I raise dogs. When they're puppies I just try and get them to accept the necessary behavoiral boundaries and encourage 'em to be themselves.

I think it's important to let pups be pups, just like I think it's important to let kids be kids at times. Sure it's a huuuuuge headache and pain-in-the-ass at times, but it's well worth it for their development as individuals and for their own self-confidence.

Oh, and my kittays are doing better than ever...they've started loving the puppies since they've figured out they have the pups number and they just mercilessly tease/toy with 'em. I haven't seen my kitties so active in a year or so! :LOL:

Oh, and Beanie's weight is down and she's a whole lot more active too. Except for the pups destroying the house and all they've been a truly wonderful addition to the family and I got nothing but great things to say about 'em.

For everytime I whine about them I could also post up about the hours of laughter they've provided my kids, I mean I literally can listen to my kids & puppies running around the house shrieking with laughter and fun barks for hours at a time. :)

I'd love to chase puppies around the neighbourhood.

'Puppies' being a favoured euphemism for breasts amongs my friends! ;)

mito said:
And how many kats do you have? :)
Two, a brother/sister that I think look a bit alike but most think look identical.

Dang it, I can't find a picture of them...they're all on Bubbles who is still quite dead. :(

Great cats, I actually cleaned off half my PC desk and put a faux-sheepskin on it so they'd have a comfy place to curl up near me. (And to keep them from curling up on my mousepad)

gato0wh.jpg

This is my cat, doesn't have a name, he's free.

Awwwww...da wittle kitty kat!

Me have some kitties too - around 10 or 11 to be precise. In an apartment...

But they're all happy and healthy so I ain't got much to complain about except the kitty litter.

Maybe I'll post some pics later.

I'd assumed they'd been getting out by digging under the fence, but I was only half-right.

Rascal burrows & squeezes under the fence, Lulu just bloody jumps it! :oops:

I have a 6" privacy fence, I went out with them this morning to make sure they didn't escape and when they disapeared for a bit around the corner when I went to check on them Rascal was halfway under the fence and Lulu was hanging on the top by her front paws walking herself over with her rear ones.

I knew she could jump, but not like that! :?

Yeah...them pups really like to test their legs out...

We have a four poster bed in the house, and one day somene woke up in it to find one of our kittens pacing around the top of it...

Those slats are around 10 or 11 feet high! And maybe 1 or 2 inches thin...and this full grown cat is pacing around the top just staring down at you...scary as all hell.

I still just got this picture in my mind of her standing on the top of the fence balancing. She pulled herself to the top and was balanced for about a second and a half before she jumped back down into the yard.

She looked like a bloody mountaingoat or something, it's an interesting mental image. :)

digitalwanderer said:
...ain't as fun as it sounds, and it can just put one right into a foul mood before coffee.

I opened the backdoor to let them out as usual this morning, but my wife had left the garage door open so rather than going in the backyard they all bolted out the front and ran merrily thru the neighborhood with me chasing them. :?

(I guess "chasing" is the wrong word as there is no way I could keep up with puppies in their prime, more like "wandering around the neighborhood in my pajamas with an occasional helpful neighbor sticking their head out the door to say "they went that a way" and point for me.)

I didn't catch them, but I did finally manage to persuade them to come home. Now they're all doing the puppy exhausted/happy sleep thing and I'm trying to have a cup of coffee and stop that damned vein in my forehead from throbbing. :?

Now that's damned funny

Back