Long and Bubblesless weekend, but...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...I did manage to get a couple of things done around the house. Cleaned up my living room, tore out the carpet, scraped off the decades old and disgusting padding, scrubbed the underflooring with bleach and re-scraped it, re-scrubbed it with bleach, laid a pseudo-Pergo floor down on it (oh, had to bust up about a 2'x5'x5" slab of tile concrete and then regrade it level too learning how to cement all the while), got all the doorways edged & finished (including the bloody 144" wide front window), installed a 30" louvered door 'tween the hall & kitchen, installed two 24" doors in front of the 42" opening/archway-thingy 'tween the hallway and living room with lot of frustration/creativity/resolve I managed to mount them very nicely right in front of the opening so they're flush with where the ends of the trim used to be (and I'm building little mantle atop the support structure I had to build for it, I really impressed meself with that one!), stripped/cleaned/improvised a very clever PSU mounting on her/installed all the new bits along with re-installing the old ones on Bubbles, and managed to do it all while NOT blowing up at my kids once or loosing my temper...even when my son "helping me" did something I had just asked him three times not to do that when he did for a fourth time it ended up in me getting my pinched 'tween a couple of boards and getting a nice 4" gash in my arm.

Oh, and I gave the Z a bath and spoke/apologized to 4 of my neighbors about my puppies escaping....as well as apologizing to my next door neighbor and the guy across the street who have these gorgeous garden type yards while I'm sort of annoyed at having to just mow mine.

All in all a truly suck-assed weekend for me no matter how much I got done, I WANT MY BUBBLES BACK!!!!

On another bright note, my wife wanted all the louvered doors installed so we could keep the puppies in/out of various rooms....and also to break them of their "pissing in the hallway" habit. They're not allowed in that half of the house if they pee, and I've had them locked in this half of the house most of the day and have been frequently letting 'em out and there has been only ONE puppy pee incident. 8)

You mean the weekend is already over where you are at?!? :absolutely horrified:

Crap! my time is precious! :runs away:

John Reynolds said:
I have to admit, that's quite the manly name you've given your PC. :cool:
Thanks. My daughter helped me out with it when she was in her PowerPuff Girls phase 'cause she felt it was full of sunshine and laughter.

I'm almost thinking of changing her name after this one to "Bubblevicious" after the episode when Bubbles got pissed and "WENT HARDCORE!!!". ;)

I'm really impressed with the living room/door thingies, makes life a WHOLE lot better and I'm actually looking forward to painting now. (I'm a painting machine when I paint. 8) )

The walls will be yellow, and I'm thinking of painting all the trim white since it looks so god awful anyways and it'll tie in nicely with the new doors & window treatments.

*GODS I NEED MY COMPUTER BACK!!!!*

_xxx_ said:
Eeeekkk!!!

Yellow = evil
I don't pick the colors, I just paint the walls.....you've never been married, have you.

I'm happy she let me pick the trim color, or at least keep choosing 'til she didn't object to one.

("If you don't like the new curtains just say so dear"

"Alright, I don't like the new curtains."

"You'll learn to like them dear".)

digitalwanderer said:
I don't pick the colors, I just paint the walls.....you've never been married, have you.

I'm happy she let me pick the trim color, or at least keep choosing 'til she didn't object to one.

LOL, get it. I'm still free, so haven't yet had that "You'll learn to like it" thingy.

John Reynolds said:

I'm always reminded of the old joke story full of double entendres, part of which goes, "So then I blew Bubbles, but then Bubbles left. . ."

digitalwanderer said:

Actually, yellow can be a handy colour for big rooms. For tiny rooms, it's plain overkill.

John Reynolds said:
That's about right.

John Wayne would never play a game on a computer named bubbles, nope he wouldn't.

Sure, some ecologists and hippies might argue that since John "The Duke" Wayne is dead, he would have a hard time to play on any computer at all.
But who care about the argument made by hippies, anyway?

Vysez said:
...John Wayne would never play a game on a computer named bubbles, nope he wouldn't....
With a given name of Marion Michael Morrison, I think John Wayne could handle playing a game on a computer called Bubbles. :)

I actually sort of like her name being Bubbles, when she's in top form it really pisses people off that a rig named "Bubbles" is better than theirs. :devilish:

It's a nice yellow, a huge room & hallway, and I'm going with white for trim & detail work to match the new doors/window treatments and tie it in to the new faux-Pergo floor.

It's already starting to look so nice it's scaring me, I'm not used to living in a place like this let alone making it like it!

My bits are on the truck for delivery and I'm debating if I should get the kids dressed and go UPS truck hunting....

digitalwanderer said:
My bits are on the truck for delivery and I'm debating if I should get the kids dressed and go UPS truck hunting....

LOL, so at least I'm not the only crazy guy chasing UPS trucks, that kinda makes me feel better. Just did that last week :)

_xxx_ said:
LOL, so at least I'm not the only crazy guy chasing UPS trucks, that kinda makes me feel better. Just did that last week :)
It's a hobby of mine. My UPS driver is cooler than hell and we've become pretty good buddies over the years, he's used to me chasing him down for deliveries. :LOL:

I can't today though, my daughter Maddy is a little under the weather. Nothing major, but she "feels a bit icky" and looks out of it so I'm going to try and get her to rest today.

Yes/no/sort of. I started one, but I never really followed thru with it...I prefer the conversational interactions on BBs better.

Blogging sort of makes me feel like I'm standing in front of an audience or something I guess, posting is just fun. :)

Bubbles got SP2, cat 5.7, and almost some Audigy2 drivers on her...she's starting to feel like her old self. I LOVE the cpu fan control knob on the front, I can change it from a whisper to a roar and it just gives me goose-pimples!

Now if I could finish getting her XP set-up before I put the kids to bed so I can have a bit of fun, I love whoever taught me the wisdom behind multiple partitions and their advantages. As soon as I get windows tweaked in I'll have dozens of games all ready to play. 8)

Damn, I have no kids, no puppies and nothing and still can't find enough time for a reinstall (I bought a new HDD). Too much work and no way I'll do anything like that in the evening, have better things to do in my precious free time.

Bah, guess I need a vacation...

Ah, got all the basics in and decent functionality has returned. Just got the TV installed and Dscaler set-up and Azureus is once again rampaging.

19,981 in 3dm2k1se
5,588 in 3dm2k5

All stock and badly set-up, I'll start tweaking her a bit tomorrow after a burn in and some sleep. :)

Back