Me and the puppies, now it's war!

Ok, I let 'em out four times and they jumped the fence four times today...yet my wife insisted that I take 'em out for a fifth time before bed.

I just got done chasing down Lulu after her 5th escape of the day, Rascal I actually caught before she made it over.

The supplies come tomorrow, it will be a freaking maximum security puppy-prison. I'm trying to decide how to best mount the lattice to discourage 'em; straight up/down, leaned in, or leaning out.

Except for the likelyhood of three puppies getting rather hopelessly tangled in their lines constantly and possibly injuring themselves, then yes it would have been.

I was sort of looking for a safe and humane approach we could all live with comfortably. They'll learn/not be able to jump and I won't have to overly confine/endanger them. :)

it works with more than one dog . Just tie them each to a corner of the yard and don't give more slack than to the middle. Works for my dog and when he has his friends over

How in the heck would they roll/frolick/fight with each other like that?!?!
icon_confused.gif

On an "I'm a stupid dorkmo again" note, I forgot fasteners. I got all the supplies I need to make my yard puppy proof, but no way to attach 'em.

I got $4.50 on me and I'm hoping that and a "quick and painless" run to the home depot center should be all it takes, but that's gonna be hard with the kids....hopefully my buddy will be up and over by then to help me out with it. :)

Nope, just to make it harder for them to escape.

I laid a few 2x8 sheets up and let 'em out and the bonkers puppies just kept trying to jump 'em until they knocked them loose. (I hadn't screwed 'em in yet, just placed 'em)

They didn't get out, and they didn't like it.

I'm gonna go screw some down and see how they like that...
icon_twisted.gif

No, my next step is to thread copper wire thru the lattice work and hook it up to an old neon transfomer I got and create a jacob's ladder that runs the length of the top of the fence.

It'd look pretty cool too, if I could pull it off....but I think it might just kill them, but by that point I probably won't care. :)

digitalwanderer said:
It'd look pretty cool too, if I could pull it off....but I think it might just kill them, but by that point I probably won't care. :)

as i said, if you go really desperate i could dig you few mines.... there are still large areas mined, even 10 years after the war ended....

silence said:
as i said, if you go really desperate i could dig you few mines.... there are still large areas mined, even 10 years after the war ended....
Nah, I don't want you taking the chance and I have a funny feeling there would be some trouble sending it to me. ;)

Thanks though, this will work I think.

Top is done, and the puppies are depressed about it and it makes me happy. :) They can't get over it.

Now I just gotta move a small pallet of edging rocks from me front yard into place in the back and it'll be pretty much bullet-proof. 8)

You ain't never seen quite as crestfallen of puppies as mine were after a few attempts at leaping it, they just lay down in the middle of the yard and moped. :LOL:

digitalwanderer said:
Top is done, and the puppies are depressed about it and it makes me happy. :) They can't get over it.

Now I just gotta move a small pallet of edging rocks from me front yard into place in the back and it'll be pretty much bullet-proof. 8)

You ain't never seen quite as crestfallen of puppies as mine were after a few attempts at leaping it, they just lay down in the middle of the yard and moped. :LOL:

you rock!

Back