Champions Online cancelled

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178490

Looks like Champions Online has been cancelled on 360. Weirdly it looks as if its Microsofts policy on MMOs that is to blame. Didnt MS themselves strike the exclusivity deal on this in the first place? Also they have recently announced the Monster Hunter MMO is on its way to 360, and FFXI is already there. Seems strange. Could this announcement just be trying to force microsofts hand?

Champions online for the pc is almost dead. The game was really bad and subscribers fled from it. I think its done because there is no resources to put it out on the 360 just like age of conan

Champions online for the pc is almost dead. The game was really bad and subscribers fled from it. I think its done because there is no resources to put it out on the 360 just like age of conan

The cost of getting Age of Conan running smooth on 360 would be prohibitive, that's why it's not on 360.
(As to why it would be prohibitive, I'll leave that as an exercise.)

The cost of getting Age of Conan running smooth on 360 would be prohibitive, that's why it's not on 360.
(As to why it would be prohibitive, I'll leave that as an exercise.)

Sure its not because the game failed and funds dried up ?

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57362

Age of Conan developer Funcom today announced a fourth quarter loss of $23 million, with an overall 2008 net loss of $33.8 million.

The news comes along with the announcement that Funcom's chief financial officer, Olav Sandnes, has resigned from the company.

At one time boasting 700,000 subscribers following its May 2008 release, Norwegian financial group DnB NOR Markets now estimates that subscriptions to Age of Conan have fallen below 100,000, according to E24.

Funcom shut down 63% of Age of Conan's servers in January, reducing the MMO from 49 online worlds to 18. Age of Conan game director Gaute Godager left the company in September of last year, crediting his dissatisfaction with the game as the primary reason for his exit.

Yeah, was in the BETA for Champions Online. Horrible game. It had some promise, but the execution left a lot to be desired. And once you got past the customization options it was just a really horribly designed MMO.

As for AoC, that also had a whole host of problems starting with one of the most horribly bug filled launches in the history of paid MMO. But that's not what would have prohibited it from being ported to consoles.

Regards,
SB

More on topic, when I saw the game being cancelled I thought it was the PC game, it was so bad when I tried it I'm amazed they haven't closed the servers already.
Might be more popular than I thought.

Consoles people are missing nothing really.

Back