Champions League Final

You are only saying last years Barca are worse because they lost, the way I see it there's no change between last year and this, they still whooped everyone in the vastly inferior La Liga and still struggled against an English team in the semi-final. Face facts they are only through because of a very dodgy ref.

Before you embarass yourself any further I'd suggest taking a look at the standing for La Liga in 2007-2008.

It's definately a dream match up, even though I wanted Chelsea to be there. anything can happen in one game, but I'm confident that if Manu has all the key players healthy, that victory shall be ours! Barca has lot's of offensive talent, but I feel that on overall Manu has slightly stronger team. Their performance against Arsenal in both legs was simply brilliant, Manu also has a pretty wide bench to support multiple strategies.

2-0 for Manu Ronaldo and Rooney one each.

Agreed

US

Yeah, schooled them in the art of winning a football match. Barca were never in it.

Did you see the match? Neither team dominated anything, they just shuffled around for 180 minutes, and Man Utd got a lucky goal..

You are only saying last years Barca are worse because they lost, the way I see it there's no change between last year and this, they still whooped everyone in the vastly inferior La Liga and still struggled against an English team in the semi-final.

You must be blind then. Seriously, if you dont follow the La Liga, i would stop commenting, your just embarrasing yourself. Barca where terrible last year, they hardly whooped anyone...

La liga 07\08

1 Real Madrid 38 27 4 7 84 36 48 85
2 Villarreal 38 24 5 9 63 40 23 77
3 Barcelona 38 19 10 9 76 43 33 67
4 Atletico de Madrid 38 19 7 12 66 47 19 64

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl second from the left must surely realise she won't be allowed to play wearing that, erm, jewellery? Hmmm. The chokers will probably have to go as well. :smile:

Barcelona needs to be much better at converting possesion into chances and chances into goals. Man United's defense won't crumble like Bayern Munich's did.

I'd expect Man U to play Barca the way Liverpool played Real Madrid, ie. fast pace, applying pressure all over the field.

I have Man U. a 60-40 favourite.

Cheers

Only 9 days to go and the biggest match of the year begins, going into the Match both Teams could not be better prepared in the way that they have both won respected Cups and their League Title's. The only thing Barca need to do is focus on getting Henry and Iniesta fit again. Oh I was reading this morning that Barca are playing in their normal Home colour and Man Utd are in their White Kit.

Barcelona needs to be much better at converting possesion into chances and chances into goals. Man United's defense won't crumble like Bayern Munich's did.

I'd expect Man U to play Barca the way Liverpool played Real Madrid, ie. fast pace, applying pressure all over the field.

I have Man U. a 60-40 favourite.

Cheers

Agreed.

US

You must be blind then. Seriously, if you dont follow the La Liga, i would stop commenting, your just embarrasing yourself. Barca where terrible last year, they hardly whooped anyone...
Look at the previous 3 years CL semi finals, dominated by English clubs.

I know people from the rest of Europe don't like to acknowledge it but the Premiership is by far the best league in the World with the best teams.

I will give you Barca as maybe the third best team in the World at the moment (Behind United and Liverpool) but thats it. La Liga is rubbish now nobody good wants to join Real Madrid.

And lucky goal? Maybe you've been living in a bubble for the last 10 years or something, you clearly haven't heard of Paul Scholes, one of the greatest midfielders in the last 15 or so years. The only thing lucky about the goal was that it didn't take Valdes's head off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Police confirmed today that 2 premiership footballers had their houses burgled on the same night. Ryan Giggs lost 70 wales caps, 11 premership medals, 2 Champions league medals, 1 European cup winners cup medal, 5 FA cup medals, 2 League Cup medals, 2 World club Champions medals, 8 Charity Shield medals, and 1 Super Cup medal.

Fernando Torres lost a kettle and a Toaster.

Look at the previous 3 years CL semi finals, dominated by English clubs.

I know people from the rest of Europe don't like to acknowledge it but the Premiership is by far the best league in the World with the best teams.

I will give you Barca as maybe the third best team in the World at the moment (Behind United and Liverpool) but thats it. La Liga is rubbish now nobody good wants to join Real Madrid.

And lucky goal? Maybe you've been living in a bubble for the last 10 years or something, you clearly haven't heard of Paul Scholes, one of the greatest midfielders in the last 15 or so years. The only thing lucky about the goal was that it didn't take Valdes's head off.

Firstly mate I would agree with you that the Prem League is the best in the world, as a Barca supporter I would watch all their games Home/Away and would say that the Spanish League does not offer you the same excitement as the Prem League does. The only matches that comes on the same level is the El Classico games. Secondly, yes Man Utd did beat Barca last year in the Champions league with an excellent goal from Scholes but I assure you that this time round it will be a different attitude from Barcelona and a different game. Really looking forward to it.

Police confirmed today that 2 premiership footballers had their houses burgled on the same night. Ryan Giggs lost 70 wales caps, 11 premership medals, 2 Champions league medals, 1 European cup winners cup medal, 5 FA cup medals, 2 League Cup medals, 2 World club Champions medals, 8 Charity Shield medals, and 1 Super Cup medal.

Fernando Torres lost a kettle and a Toaster.

I can see the irony in your reply mate but its a Champions League Thread and Liverpool have nothing to do with the CL any more and recently the Prem League.

Where did he get that from, then? Did he buy it in an auction?

Similarly, he must have bought 6 of those Welsh caps, one of those F.A. Cup medals and one of the Charity Shield medals somewhere as well.

I can see the point behind the joke but it was very poorly researched. Tut tut.

Also, to be accurate, he's only won one World Club Cup medal as well + one Intercontinental Cup medal.

A good player though, unless you ever wanted to see him playing in a friendly match for Wales, when he was always "injured".

Where did he get that from, then? Did he buy it in an auction?

Similarly, he must have bought 6 of those Welsh caps, one of those F.A. Cup medals and one of the Charity Shield medals somewhere as well.

I can see the point behind the joke but it was very poorly researched. Tut tut.

Also, to be accurate, he's only won one World Club Cup medal as well + one Intercontinental Cup medal.

A good player though, unless you ever wanted to see him playing in a friendly match for Wales, when he was always "injured".

Torres also seems to have mislaid his Euro 2008 medal. Careless of him.

Good news from the Barcelona camp is that Iniesta and Henry are looking good for the Champions League Final. Both have started their required training in preparation for Weds night. :D

I wish I had the goddamn channel it was on. You would think Viasat would put it on a channel people have (TV3) instead of a channel people don't (Viasat4). Fuck Viasat.

Well the better team won, sadly it wasn't Manu...:cry:

Very good and energetic performance from Barca. Messi was great and what a header! Manu's midfield wasn't up to the task today.

ah Doctor

so much for you saying that Barca were going to be schooled. What did i say Rooney and Ronaldo take note :D:D:D:D

BARCA BARCA BARCA

Champions of Europe 2009

Back