Cg released

On the other hand, whoever said Nvidia won't fully support DX9 or OpenGL 2.0? I already know the answer to it in DX9, but I also seem to distinctly remember ATI saying something to the effect that Nvidia and ATI are the biggest contributors to the OpenGL 2.0 standard

but I also seem to distinctly remember ATI saying something to the effect that Nvidia and ATI are the biggest contributors to the OpenGL 2.0 standard

Realistically they've had very little to do with it so far.

http://www.reactorcritical.com/interview-ati-2002/interview-ati_2002_4.shtml

Just so people don't think I'm imagining things :) from a April 2002 interview with Pierre Laine ATI Marketing Manager for Europe

Pierre Laine: We definitely want to be one, or, ideally, the main partner of Microsoft with developing DirectX 9, 10, 11 or something else. The trend is that we will be more and more close to providing photo-realistic graphics. What we had in [Final Fantasy] and other films will be available in 2 years or maybe even sooner in real-time. The way to reach that is to work with Microsoft and OpenGL ARB.

We are working very hard on OpenGL 2.0 specifications. ATI and Nvidia have the key impact on it. In fact, a lot of ATI engineers (including former engineers) work in OpenGL ARB. That is the way we want to be on time with our developments and address this market.

Back