Can anyone recommend a direct music download service?

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
With dozens of different services such as iTunes, Connect, Napster, etc. and me reluctant to install a dozen different apps all to do the same job on the very rare occassions I'd use it, I need advice which music services are best.

As said, I rarely purchase music. But occassionally I hear something I like, like recently a few tracks by 'Air Franch Band' off their 'Moon Safari' album and would like to buy a copy. I don't have an MP3 player and only want it for use on PC, but I don't want to be tied to a certain player for certain and want to be able to burn tracks to CD (wouldn't recording 'what you hear' off the soundcard bypass DRM? Using Cakewalk I can record the audio output of the PC, so could sample an audio track and do what I want with it afterwards)

Ultimately I need large range of available tracks that covers everything and not just popular stuff, lack of really nasty DRM, per track purchasing (no flat-rate monthly fee services), and preferably fair pricing (boo to iTunes) though at the minimscule number of tracks I'd buy that's not a huge issue, and without me having to hand over card details.

Recommendations?

Back