Buy from where in the US?

Tokelil

Regular
My cousin is living in the states (Florida) atm. and needs a new cheap gaming computer. As always he turns to me for advice on what and where to buy. But I dont know much about the stores in the states and what's considered cheap and good. So hope some one can give me some advice on this.

First of all it should be an AMD with a Geforce 6800 or faster. Where would be good places to look for something like this?
Found a 3500+ with a 6800GT and 1 GB RAM for 1499$. Is this considered cheap? (Wouldn't think so, since I can get the same here in Denmark for approx. the same price.)

The last pre-made PC I bought I got back in '99 and I ordered it from CyberPower and I was impressed with their service/prices.

I really loved the way they let ya pretty much totally configure your system, INCLUDING which mobo you want.

If he can't build one himself, I highly recomend 'em....the fact that they're still around has to say something too. ;)

I played around a bit with their AMD X2 configurator and got a $1268.00 for an AMD ATHLON64 X2 3800 CPU, 6800 GT, 1GB Corsair XMS PRO High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader & LED Lights (gotta have the blinky lights!), and a 19" monitor.

You can custom build your dream rig their and get it at a fairly reasonable price, it's pretty sweet.

EDITED BITS: Here's the link to the AMD X2 configurator I was playing with.

Last edited by a moderator:
$1,799 after upgrading from a 6800GT to 7800GT (only $75 difference, probably well worth it), going from 80GB to 2x200GB on the hard drives, adding a network card, upgrading the mobo to a Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-SLI, and adding in an Audigy2 ZS & Creative Labs SBS 560 5.1 Surround Subwoofer Speaker System.

Not a cheap gaming rig anymore, but a good one. :)

Back