Business Approach for Video Game Physical and Digital versions *spawn*

Where is that shown? Certainly BluRay and DVD cases have always been made from recyclable plastic. It's the discs themselves that are a nuisance.
Back of the game box, on the bottom - generally right of the region icon. Here is the UK guide to the symbols if you're not familiar with them all.

Which icon? I only see the two-tone green dot which means:

Signifies the packaging producer has made contribution towards packaging recycling. Doesn’t necessarily mean the packaging itself is recyclable. Note: use requires permission.​

Can't see anything to say the package is also from recycled plastic, or even is recyclable for that matter.

The ones I looked at had this:

1-PETE-symbol.jpg

They're not uniform then. Which answer's bgroovy's question. Publishers can, presumably within reason, do what they like.

Signifies the packaging producer has made contribution towards packaging recycling. Doesn’t necessarily mean the packaging itself is recyclable. Note: use requires permission.​

Can't see anything to say the package is also from recycled plastic, or even is recyclable for that matter.
green-dot-symbol.jpg

this one I assume?
Yes this means, its NOT made from recycled materials and can NOT be recycled

I see it all the time here, the designed it on purpose like the existing recycling symbol to give the impression that you're doing your part by buying something with it, I tell someone (*) not to put it in the recycling but they still do, they dont believe that you cant recycle it. Shows how well they designed the logo
(*) and also show them online where it saiz its not recyclable

Yes this means, its NOT made from recycled materials and can NOT be recycled

Yup. This is also a common default logo to appear on products where material sourcing cannot be verified at the time of production so they have to low-ball it. Over the past few years there has been a renaisance in the way a lot of media is produced and distributed. Large distributors of DVD/Blu-ray TV shows, movies and games now press the discs and print labels and box up products for wider distribution rather than the publisher doing this - special editions excepted.

Because these distributors are often supplying tens of millions of media packages to various retail outlets, they work with lots of suppliers and particularly for physical packaging and material (paper) for inserts, the labelling does not accurately reflect the actual state of the materials used in the idea packaging. This actually complies with the EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive. :???: I.e. it's compliant to low-ball it, but not over-state it.

However, in the EU there is still a requirement for the physical boxes to be marked. This is often on the spine, inside or out (perhaps by way of a patent marking). My query to Shifty on the quality of the inserts is because many inserts, because they appear behind a piece of plastic, tend to be a lower quality paper which is a sign that the entire product was produced locally by such a distributor.

What a time to be alive! :runaway: If you also think watching a movie at the cinema is actual film, it often isn't. :nope:

Yes. eg. Uncharted 4. My graphics are like these on glossy paper:

Indeed, looking through a bunch of box art images on the net, none have recycle logos.
It seems logical that marketing would release box art before regional regulatory information is applied. The recycle logo visible above
is familiar so I doBlu-ray movies/games with this on. It almost only applies to the insert, rather than the product packaging. Thank you, globalisation!

I'm confused. I've just looked through all my game cases going back through PS3 to PS2 games, and the only recycle logo is the green dot. You're saying your cases have the recyclable logo?

Back