Building Gaming Machine Of Doom!

EDIT: Oh, and it comes with non creative drivers that work fine with Vista (apparently)

You better reread that review. It uses the same Creative Drivers.

As for when they will run non-creative drivers, I'll believe it when they release them.

You better reread that review. It uses the same Creative Drivers.

As for when they will run non-creative drivers, I'll believe it when they release them.

Yeah for right now but DD Live support is due this month which will require the new drivers so it literally a case of weeks (hopefully) before its available with the none Creative ones.

Perhaps consider 3x 19" SVGA displays (1280x1024) and run a Triple head to go from matrox.

This will give you a resolution of 3840x1024 and give you a very impressive wide screen view of any game you play providing that the game is coded properly or a hack is available. See here for what you can do: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/screenshots/fear-th2go.php

Not that expensive either, probably comes in near the price of a 27" single display.

-BFC

Perhaps consider 3x 19" SVGA displays (1280x1024) and run a Triple head to go from matrox.

This will give you a resolution of 3840x1024 and give you a very impressive wide screen view of any game you play providing that the game is coded properly or a hack is available. See here for what you can do: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/screenshots/fear-th2go.php

Not that expensive either, probably comes in near the price of a 27" single display.

-BFC

Don't those Matrox cards perform like GF4's?

He's not talking about Matrox gfx cards, he's talking about Matrox TripleHead2Go

th2go_angle.jpg

ordi_small.jpg

Yes, it works with nVidia and ATI cards, too, in fact it doesn't care what card is connected to it as long as it can output the wanted resolution, which the device will then properly split on the 3 displays

Don't those Matrox cards perform like GF4's?

Hell no they wernt that fast :D

as for the triplehead you'd have to run it non native (ie stretched) unless cards are good enough to run games at 4800x1200 (19" being 1600x1200)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can run it native as 19" LCD's are commonly found in 1280x1024 resolution.

TH2G is pretty fleshed out and the technology works well. There's a few software only solutions being worked on by a few people as well so you don't need the external extra hardware and just the 3 displays.

You can also mix/match your displays and not use 3x of the same display.

-BFC

Man that TH2Go is an awesome addition to any simmer's "arsenal" to borrow a term from FPS-land. This review is the best one I've seen so far, especially from a flight simmer's perspective.

Didnt know you were a flight simmer shaidar....

ps: i hope a rival company comes out with a competing product the th2go is cool but not for $300

Didnt know you were a flight simmer shaidar....

Yeah, it's the only 3d app I even run nowadays (aside from full-time GPU Folding, the occasional F.E.A.R. LAN with my buddies & running synthetic apps out of sheer curiosity to see what my GPU is capable of). Not much of a gamer anymore. Still using FS9 with a few choice add-ons - Traffic 2004, Airport 2002, MegaScenery, plenty of freeware commercial jets (RFP and ifly 747 are 2 of my favorites) and FS Sky World 2004 all help to make the sim just that much better. I probably won't run FSX until I build a new rig, after FSX SP2 comes out and I finally switch to Vista.

Phil Taylor's blog is literally the only blog I read. The recent DX10 status updates are a godsend for an anxious flight simmer. Nice to see someone has been able to achieve a performance *increase* with DX10 as well :)

never really enjoyed the fs series just seem a bit dull
i prefer games where things go boom..
comanche hokum
falcon 4
battle of britain
il2

never really enjoyed the fs series just seem a bit dull
i prefer games where things go boom..
comanche hokum
falcon 4
battle of britain
il2

Yeah, not so much of a game, since there's no real objective or end-game scenario, I guess that's why they call it a simulation instead :p The combat sims are a lot of fun too, though not nearly as immersive nor as visually detailed as the G.A. sims, and I definitely prefer immersion and visual details so I stick to G.A. sims. Too bad MSFS is the only real choice anymore since the fantastic Flight Unlimited and Fly! series have disappeared. X-Plane is still around, and while interesting from a technical standpoint, is just too visually bland for my tastes.

Happy flying!

Back