British strange

we have a lot of _real_ viet. places here. you know they're good when only the waiters / waitresses speak fluent english :p

Wait, I heard that British people, are, like you know, from a different country??

Toootally weird. I wonder what coutnry they're from...

The549 said:
Wait, I heard that British people, are, like you know, from a different country??

Toootally weird. I wonder what coutnry they're from...

We're from Britvic.

Mize said:
There is no food culture in the US sadly...we some...crabs in B'more, cajun, creole, but very little real american cuisine.

I always think it's funny when people say that... considering the whole fucking world shovels down huge amounts of American food on a daily basis.

L233 said:
Mize said:
There is no food culture in the US sadly...we some...crabs in B'more, cajun, creole, but very little real american cuisine.

I always think it's funny when people say that... considering the whole fucking world shovels down huge amounts of American food on a daily basis.

Yes, everyone even calls it American food. Mc Donalds. Low on healthy ingredients, crunchyness and taste, high on calories and ease of use.

:D

It's just because the ease of use and getting it fast.

While I don't really like most of american food I've tried, I really LOVE everything sweet coming from US. Cakes, cookies, pies, whatever. That's where US shines and there's also a bunch of original stuff (Brownies for example).

_xxx_ said:
It's just because the ease of use and getting it fast.

While I don't really like most of american food I've tried, I really LOVE everything sweet coming from US. Cakes, cookies, pies, whatever. That's where US shines and there's also a bunch of original stuff (Brownies for example).

American chocolate (well the mass-produced stuff like Hershey) is disgusting.

Krispy Kreme doughnuts (sorry donuts) on the other hand. *salivate* Shame they're about as far removed from health food as you could possibly get.

Mariner said:
Not "warm" actually - it should be served at room temperature. There is no way in this world that I'll let an American criticise British ale/bitter when the 3 words "good", "american" and "beer" are rarely found in the same sentence! :p
Different beers should be served at different temperatures - normally a good cellar temperature for typical English pub beers (ale/bitter) would be around 12-13 degrees Celsius (that's around 54F). Any colder than this and you lose a lot of the aroma and flavour. Strong English ales are often supposed to be served at room temperature to bring out the complexities of the flavour, but that's certainly not what most people drink down the pub.

And as an Englishman living and working in California I would like to put in a good word for American beer. Certainly the mass produced rubbish like Bud is grim, but the beers brewed in many of the microbreweries are perfectly capable of ranking alongside high-class beers from anywhere in the world.

"Good" "American" and "Beer" can certainly be found in the same sentence all the time, thankfully.

_xxx_ said:
I like it ice cold 8)

maybe pilsner.... but i wouldnt recommend leffe ice cold.....

i guess it's like white/red wine , , theres a temperature associated with each......

i *really* hate 'cold' bitter, yeuch.......

I only drink pils/lager or wheat beer, these should always be cold. I don't like any other beer. And I can't stand the piss from Miller and co.

Back