British strange

Gerry said:
I refuse to get lectured on food by anyone who hails from a country that considers "grits" to be actually edible.

;)

You're just jealous because we have macaroni and cheese! ;)

Xmas said:
Ah, yes. British food = teh horror, for a continental guy like me. You could get mad trying to find something there that deserves the name "bread".

Ah, the Germans and their "bread". :D Be-jebus the stuff you guys call bread resembles the things we build our houses with! ;)

nutball said:
Ah, the Germans and their "bread". :D Be-jebus the stuff you guys call bread resembles the things we build our houses with! ;)

ROFL....english vs. german cooking dispute.... :LOL:
you can only fight which is worse.
dgd.gif

we have a little thing similar to that here in dallas called "The Wurst Wagon" and it likes to shop up at the First Saturday Sale

pocketmoon66 said:
r_doneltime.jpg

keeeeeebaaaaaaaaaab :)

Mmmmm...kebab.

You know what? I think kebab is the one fast food that comes closest to what one could call a "typical European fast food", no matter from where in Europe you are. :)

Snyder said:
You know what? I think kebab is the one fast food that comes closest to what one could call a "typical European fast food", no matter from where in Europe you are. :)
Except...its not European in origin?

wait.... that's supposed to be a picture of a kebab....??? Here, kebabs are meat and veggies that are stuck on a long pokeystick and then grilled...:?

Sage said:
wait.... that's supposed to be a picture of a kebab....??? Here, kebabs are meat and veggies that are stuck on a long pokeystick and then grilled...:?

It's not safe to provide drunken students with metal skewers at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Well the kind of kebab you're talking about you get here in Greek/Turkish restaurants. Very nice.

The kind of kebab we're talking about looks like the someone's inverted a human scalp, filled it with cat shit and lettuce, then vomited over the top. Nevertheless, they ALWAYS taste good because you only ever eat them when you're more than 10 times over the drink-drive limit.

MuFu said:
The kind of kebab we're talking about looks like the someone's inverted a human scalp, filled it with cat shit and lettuce, then vomited over the top.
Wait, maybe it is genuine British cuisine.

Kebabs are always served to you by one of these two men (or their sons):

fnd62040032dj.jpg

The one in front is a famous Scottish weatherman called Ian McCaskill.

MuFu said:
The kind of kebab we're talking about looks like the someone's inverted a human scalp, filled it with cat shit and lettuce, then vomited over the top. Nevertheless, they ALWAYS taste good because you only ever eat them when you're more than 10 times over the drink-drive limit.

yeah, I think I recognize that pic... looks like a "pita" to me

nutball said:
Yeah, well, taste differs. I once ate bread in Ireland that crumbled like sand, and no surprise, it tasted exactly like it. Maybe the island climate doesn't allow for real grain to be grown... ;)

pocketmoon66 said:
r_doneltime.jpg

keeeeeebaaaaaaaaaab :)
OMG... never, never ever order a kebab in western France. They don't even know what Döner is and you only get meat and tomatoes pressed into a grilled baguette. It was one of my most disgusting experiences of my trip to France, even though I like the french cuisine very much.

Hey! You can get a great range of foods in supermarkets in the UK, and make whatever you want to eat from the ingredients, duh! :p

I love foods! I always want more foods! I want to try different foods, and I always can! I am very satisfied with UK foods, we have almost everything you could want. We are missing horse meat (illegal) and jerky (very scarce), though :(. Also, I am very jealous of French range of ice-cream - we don't have nearly as much choice (sorbets too).

French fries are long and thin: we have those, but what we call 'chips' are much thicker (and often less crisp). What Americans call 'chips', we have too - we call them 'crisps'.

This thread reminds me of that joke about how the people of a country are named by what they eat. So the English are Roast Beef, the French are Frogs, and the Americans are fat.

MuFu said:
The one in front is a famous Scottish weatherman called Ian McCaskill.
:LOL:

you know, our french fries actually vary greatly from institution to institution. McDonalds fries are the most common among fast-food but I suspect that it's because they are cheap and cook fast. GOOD french fries are cut in very generous thickness and are then cooked just enough to turn them into french fries, but not long enough to let them get all crunchy.

I was going to talk about coffee and Americans. How Americans like their coffee black and like to gulp it down. In contrast to British who like to sit down and sip tea (with pinkie raised?) and nibble on biscuits.

I didn't kniw British like salt and vinegar on their fries. Americans' choice of condiment for their fries is, of course, ketchup.

There's other differences, like Cricket versus Baseball and Rugby versus Football (not what Americans call "soccer").

a) I like to slowly sip my coffee, savouring the taste

b) I like cheese and bacon on my fries!

I like going to rutgars and getting a fat bitch or a fat cow and enjoying it with a nice bottle of jolt cola

Back