* * Brain test (supposedly by MENSA)

nutball said:
A friend of mine said that she was shocked and appauled to find out that the average IQ of a member of the British public was "only 100".

Which tells you everything you need to know about IQ tests IMO. :rolleyes:

agreed.

It's amusing that in the bbcs IQ tests which theyve started doing recently that they gave a national average of ~104. You'd think they'd have bothered to normalise them quickly. Oh and they give less marks to young people than to older. It was something like 68/70 got 134 for a <20years old person and netted over 150 for someone over 50. Something about brains slowing with old age and so that needs compensating. I don't agree with such things myself. It's like giving extra exam time to those who are dyslexic etc, the idea of qualifications is to represent your real life ability, if you're going to start compensating some people it just breaks that entirely.

the issue of 'adjusting' the scores due to age is because they test the tests first hand , and "normalize" em thusly.... i suspect one reason they have 104 instead of 100 is because although people might be stupid , they probably prefer not to advertise the fact

"oh dear i've got the first 5 wrong" , your' hardly likely to continue are you ;)

-dave-

[edit] cant even spell ;)

Back