AMD FSR antialiasing discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 90741
  • Start date
Cyberpunk has native FSR 2.1 nowadays, though.
I wonder if the ghosting issues @GuardHei mention are fixed. From DF's video it doesn't seem to be a problem unless I am missing something. I can't test that myself 'cos I don't have the game. If they add XeSS support I might buy the game, as I like CD Projekt although I am not a big fan of open world games in city environments -never been into GTA for instance-.

I wonder if the ghosting issues @GuardHei mention are fixed. From DF's video it doesn't seem to be a problem unless I am missing something. I can't test that myself 'cos I don't have the game. If they add XeSS support I might buy the game, as I like CD Projekt although I am not a big fan of open world games in city environments -never been into GTA for instance-.
The ghosting issues were with the DLSS>FSR mod, not native support

The ghosting issues were with the DLSS>FSR mod, not native support
ah okay. DF video points out how good is the FSR 2 implementation overall. Their only gripe seem to be high velocity vectors.

Wonder if this is why a racing game like Redout 2 -fun series, I spent many hours playing the original version and got the 2nd game some time ago but still haven't found the time to play it- features XeSS but not FSR 2. With vehicles running at more than a thousand kmph, I tested the game some time ago rotating the camera to the side of the vehicle with XeSS enabled just to see if I could break it, but it was solid.

Last edited:
anyone having issues with Need for Speed Unbound when you enable FSR 2 in the game? I get strange effects for no apparent reason. I wonder if it's due to Intel drivers or if it is a FSR 2 thing with this game. I haven't purchased the game yet -waiting for a XeSS patch, in fact XeSS is included in the game files-, I am using EA Play via PC Gamepass.

FSR 2 off, how the game actually looks.

true

FSR 2 on, that green overlay appears out of nowhere.

true

edit: definitely not a FSR 2 issue with this game, but it's Intel drivers.

Last edited:
nice performance in Forza Horizon 5 with FSR 2 and RT on Extreme. Wish they also added XeSS to compare performance but anyways. I thought that having RT on Extreme setting would bring the GPU to its knees, but with decent settings (RT Ultra) I got an average of 117fps and 71 with most demanding settings set to Extreme.

TGPd6jE.png

4cY10cg.png

Last edited:
I thought that having RT on Extreme setting would bring the GPU to its knees
RT implementation in FH5 is very "lite". It's basically just player's car self reflections, and they are all very glossy (i.e. coherent).
I've been testing these myself and found out that I've actually got a 5% performance increase on a 3080 when going from "4K Ultra + MSAA" to "4K Ulta with RT Extreme + TAA".
On a 4090 going from "4K Ultra + MSAA" to "4K Ulta with RT Extreme + MSAA" results in just 6.4% performance drop.

Back