boiling point patch 2.0

digitalwanderer said:
So you're saying it's playable now and I should re-install it? What does the save game editor do? What will the inventory one do?

Oh, and thanks. :)

Look here.

You can edit:

Money
experience
Handgun
Automatic Weapons
Sniper rifle
Cold Weapons
Ancient Weapons
Sleepyness
Trading
Medical addiction
Adrenaline addiction
Alcohol addiction
Car
Motorboat
Plane
Navy Boat
Helicopter
Tank

So, everything except the relations. Which will be added as soon as someone figures out where they are.

And the upcoming inventory editor will allow you to edit your whole inventory.

Edit: that is, you could add a gun or a quest item, or any amount of any kind of ammo, or remove what you don't need anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks a bunch for your help diguru! i'll check it out. i've wrapped up in a work project so haven't paid too much attention.

were those guys cool to work with? get through the language issues okay?

Cartoon Corpse said:
thanks a bunch for your help diguru! i'll check it out. i've wrapped up in a work project so haven't paid too much attention.

were those guys cool to work with? get through the language issues okay?

Yes, they were very nice and helpful. And I have to add your name to the credits as well. ;)

But I've just started with it, so to say. It took a while every time to communicate the stuff and new locations and changes. More will follow, as I know at this moment it is not better than some of the other editors around.

I installed BP a few days ago as well, to test the editor, and I'm totally and completely hooked. It is in all ways the rightfull successor to our beloved Deus Ex.

Digi, about the problems with the game: a fully customized ini-file helps a whole lot. My game (on a P-M 1.6, 512 MB, Radeon 9700 Mobility w. 256 MB laptop) went from an unplayable framerate with lots of pauses to almost smooth with nice effects and AA.

And it seems that patch 2.0 fixed most problems with gameplay.

It's like Deus Ex when it was just released ;)

i agree diguru im enamored with this game. playing 3rd time (1st 2.0). taking my time, going a different 'route'. this game is very replayable.

Btw.

Each and every games shop around here still sells Deus Ex (€ 5,-). They get new ones every once in a while as well, as I take notice and sometimes still buy some to give away. And so I notice the stock shift. And they're still in the wall displays, not the cheap bins (although that varies)!

After 5 years!!! How many games can say that? Sure, five bucks is not much. And it didn't sell very well when it was published, either. But it's one of those games that people like me buy for people who ask for a really great game, first person view and shooting, but, you know, one that is actually nice to play, you know, with a bit more depth and story, and, you know, more freedom. Where you can make up your own mind, shoot someone you really don't like and suffer the consequences. And where you can do the things that fancy you, and replay it many times, doing things totally different every time.

And Boiling Point is definitely the rightful sequel. That shows in everything. It's like Deus Ex, but with keeping all the good bits, and improving the things that could be improved, like a persistent world and much more missions and other content.

Sure, it runs like shit on current hardware, but so did Deus Ex when it was just released. There are bugs, but they're fixed all the time. Some people say there are so many it is unplayable, but I only encountered visual ones before upgrading.

It just doesn't please the general FPS crowd, as it is much too open. But it is the game they'll want to play when they get bored with all the other ones. And GTA and MGS do the same things (to a lesser degree), and they have a huge following as well.

Like: General FPS <<< GTA/MGS <<< Deus Ex/Boiling Point.

It just takes a while for the people to be able to appreciate them. When they start looking for something new and better.

:D

It's a classic.

i wholeheartedly and intellectually agree with diguru on this. loooove this game.

*edit* DOH i didn't realize you were responding to me! lol.

holy thread revival!

cpr_graphic_1.jpg

Wasn't there a sequel of sorts called White Gold that was set for release this year?

no luck there either, this bpedit.rar file is nowhere to be found. if anyone finds it or already has it please post

What, no! Man, what about Precusors? That was looking great.:cry:

Yeah a victim of the global recession it appears. no precursors either. rumors of being able to get white gold russian version (out) and some modders working on english translation. nothing substantial.

damn shame.

Can someone please reupload the Boiling Point savegame editor? All the links (english, russian and chinese) are dead and there is no sign of it on the entire net.
It`s a shame that such a great game gets left up behind and it`s totally forgotten.

Back