Blackberries vs. PDA phones

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
So we're about to launch into the 21st century with mobile email at my company. The trouble is we have these amazingly secure servers and parent company requirements. We *cannot* simply use an SSL POP client. We either use Checkpoint SecureClient (VPN), a Blackberry server or Juniper SSL. The first requires a computer, the second requires a two servers and $6k in software and the third requires one use a web interface for email instead of faster POP or IMAP. On a side note, NO PDA PHONES SUPPORT ANALOG!! Grrr. I have a Kyocera 7135 Palm phone and I find myself on analog when visiting customers in the boonies all the time!

Anyway. It's either drop the dough on a Blackberry system (about $12k with hardware) or suffer a web email interface over cellular.

Anyone with experience in these areas??

Thanks.

I forward to my personal account and retrieve over my Treo 600. <shrugs>. But then it sounds like we aren't quite as paranoid on the security of our email.

geo said:
I forward to my personal account and retrieve over my Treo 600. <shrugs>. But then it sounds like we aren't quite as paranoid on the security of our email.

Lots of people do this "unofficially" and it's definitely frowned upon.

Not all that into email solutions, but using Pine via SSH should be pretty secure and work fine on Symbian based phones.

Back