Votes: 6 6.1%
  • uncharted

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • mass effect

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Paper Mario should be a good indicator then, it is Mario. If the Wii is getting bought by old people playing Wii Sports, they will have little interest in anything Mario IMO. The Wii also has a small installed base compared to the DS.

Edit: Paper Mario sold 523,947 with good reviews so far. Why would Galaxy sell 10x that, I'm not a Mario guys whats the difference?

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

The Wii isn't be bought by those people. The Wii is being bought by people activily seeking the Wii... gamers. Maybe not hardcore gamers, maybe not the kind who hang around here at B3D, but certainly they are gamers.

By the end of this year I think Mario Galaxy will easily at least 5x Paper Mario, and most likely more. I'm guessing that Galaxy will be "the" game to get for your Wii during the holiday season.

I think he meant Zelda did not sell that good.

I'm sorry, just checked on wikipedia and New Super Mario Bros. sold 9.5M copies as of April 26. I confused its sales with Nintendogs. :oops: It stillputs it in the same league though and it's hard to ignore its potetnial.

I know what he meant, and I stated why it didn't sell well. It is considered a hardcore game, and while I believe the Wii has gamers playing it, not many people are into investing the amount of time Zelda demands.

9.5M on 45M~ units is still pretty amazing. I'm going to stand by last list however, mainly on the fact that I just don't see GTAIV selling as good as some think.

If you go worldwide:

Considering that Super Mario Sunshine outsold Halo 2 in Japan.
Considering the fact that MS still cannot penetrate the Japanese market...

I would go with Either Galaxy or Brawl as the top seller.

By the time the holiday season rolls around, Wii will be ahead of MS in Console Sales, and the Japanese market belongs to Nintendo.

USA only, its still a tossup, but Halo 3 could win.

Ugh.

I voted GTA4 and just realized something ... GTA sales were on the back of a dominant ps2 and a fairly well established xbox.

By the end of the year ps3 sales will still be fairly low with xb360 leading by more than double. A few years from now that may change.

xb360 fanbase may surprise and buy H3 in equal numbers to GTA4, which would tip the scales to gta4 after adding ps3 sales. But I don't see it. GTA4 should be a great game, but the market has already been tapped a bit with Crackdown and Saints Row.

...after further review:

HALO3

Sure, but on the other hand GTA is coming off the best iteration of the series yet, while Halo 3 is coming off the somewhat dissapointing Halo 2.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a MGS3 effect, where the sales of a great 3rd game are hampered due to backlash over the weak 2nd game.

Also, I think with some pricecuts, GTA4 will be a huge system seller this holiday while Halo 3 will not. Many, many more people must be holding out for GTA than for Halo, simply because Halo fans know they need a 360 and there is no reason to wait, GTA fans may still be undecided about which console to purchase.

Halo 3 has an extra month, but GTA hits closer to the Nov/Dec supersales months and has a bigger install base by 30% or so.

Xbox userbase has historically bought many less copies of GTA than PS userbase, yet GTA has always been a timed exclusive before, somewhat invalidating past trends.

Many factors, interesting poll that's for sure! Still gonna go with GTA though, bigger userbase, broader appeal, and coming off the back of San Andreas.

Also, I think with some pricecuts, GTA4 will be a huge system seller this holiday while Halo 3 will not.

Well, I think GTA will bring former PS2 owners to the 360 because of the price. So I agree it's a system seller for sure.

Considering the small PS3 base I still think Halo 3 will beat GTA4. But Nintendo could rule them all.

well since one of the titles has launched this poll's results were
gta4 30
halo3 37
madden 3
mario galaxy 6
ssbb 1

unfortunately gta4 has slipped till next year, im a but surprised halo3 got the highest votes, i can pretty much guarantee it wont sell the most ( i expect ppl were thinking that xb360 would still have the highest install base at the end of the year), my money was on mario galaxy (even though it launches mid november)

unfortunately gta4 has slipped till next year, im a but surprised halo3 got the highest votes, i can pretty much guarantee it wont sell the most ( i expect ppl were thinking that xb360 would still have the highest install base at the end of the year), my money was on mario galaxy (even though it launches mid november)

I noticed this poll only just now, and I think that Halo 3 will sell the most by far. Mario won't touch it. Mario is a bit too much of a hardcore game to really fit into Wii democraphic, atleast if Halo 3 was supposed to be beaten by it. Mario will sell really well, but not Halo 3 levels, not with only slightly larger userbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think a lot of people are picking Halo3, because it's already 'sold ' over 1 million copies and it hasn't been released yet and won't for another month. I believe gamestop said it had (or was going to, not sure) set a record for preorders.

I voted GTA IV but now there seems nothing that can stop Halo 3 to me :smile: BioShock doesn't have as much hype around the game as Halo 3 do; publicity got significantly better after demo though. BioShock will sell more than 1.5-2 million easily, if i have not missed out on sales figures. ;)

on your marks, get set, go

madden - 1.86 million (only xb360,ps3,ps2)

I don't think there's any doubt halo will beat 1.86 million on day one (I think they must be close to that in preorders, they announced over 1 million a month ago). They'd be crushed if they don't do 2 million, 2.5 million is probably more realistic.

this thread should be locked and redone, The graph are useless GTa IV have been delayed.
Some members should agreed here whitch games should figure in the pool before is one is locked ;)

IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread should be locked and redone, The graph are useless GTa IV have been delayed.
Some members should agreed here whitch games should figure in the pool before is one is locked ;)

IMHO

No need for a lock. I reset the poll to zero. and added Mass Effect and Uncharted instead of GTA IV and SuperSmashBros Brawl, which both slipped into 2008 (SSBB is just getting a late 2007 Japan release).

If you object to the replacements just tell what to put in there instead. :cool:

Although Mario feels that is should be able to beat Halo3 for some reason there is something that tells me that will not be the case, no idea why though. Nin has the install base and Mario is arguably the No.1 series/franchise in the video gamming history so theoreticaly Mario should be selling like no tomorrow...

Although Mario feels that is should be able to beat Halo3 for some reason there is something that tells me that will not be the case, no idea why though. Nin has the install base and Mario is arguably the No.1 series/franchise in the video gamming history so theoreticaly Mario should be selling like no tomorrow...

I don't think the Mario franchise is nearly as strong as it used to be. I'm not even sure if people are buying the Wii to play Mario. we'll find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back