2010 Marketshare Prediction Poll >January 2007ed

How will the market be split come 2010?

• Total voters
The Xbox 360 has its own problems. For starters, there will be big problems once games get huge in data size. I see no reason why it won't happen. It happens in every generation of game consoles, and every generation in nearly every computer-related industry. Claiming otherwise has something like a 0-100 record in the grand scheme of things. I can't believe this will be the very first time the naysayers will be right.
I might agree if reality worked like this

"Hey our game is 18GB!!! and we don't want to go mult-disk" says programmer.
"Well, PS3 here we come!!!!, no more 360 for us." says the executive that signs all the checks.

It doesn't. Reality works like this

"Hey our game is 18 GB!!!" says programmer.

"I did a cost analysis, a multi-disk title is fine." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"The game isn't design for multi-disk" says programmer.

"So your game is 18 Gb" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Yes" says programmer.

"Not designed for multi-disk.. Huh" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"No" says programmer.

"Do you think we make games for our own recreational purposes." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"No" says programmer.

"How about for the sake of artistic expression" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Uhhmmm." says programmer.

"Or how about so you and your little friends can go and say 'this is the bestest game ever!!!'." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Well, you may think that and we here up front may says or do things that would lead you to such a belief." " But in all honesty, We make games to make money." "So if you expect us to ignore a market simply because what you didn't design for or don't feel like doing then you have lost your mind." "Make it work or I will find someone who will." says the executive that signs all the checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might agree if reality worked like this

"Hey our game is 18GB!!! and we don't want to go mult-disk" says programmer.
"Well, PS3 here we come!!!!, no more 360 for us." says the executive that signs all the checks.

It doesn't. Reality works like this

"Hey our game is 18 GB!!!" says programmer.

"I did a cost analysis, a multi-disk title is fine." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"The game isn't design for multi-disk" says programmer.

"So your game is 18 Gb" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Yes" says programmer.

"Not designed for multi-disk.. Huh" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"No" says programmer.

"Do you think we make games for our own recreational purposes." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"No" says programmer.

"How about for the sake of artistic expression" says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Or how about so you and your little friends can go and say 'this is the bestest game ever!!!'." says the executive that signs all the checks.

"Well, you may think that and we here up front may says or do things that would lead you to such a belief." " But in all honesty, We make games to make money." "So if you expect us to ignore a market simply because what you didn't design for or don't feel like doing then you have lost your mind." "Make it work or I will find someone who will." says the executive that signs all the checks.

:LOL: good stuff :devilish:

Blue Dragon, RE4 (GC) and many Rpg titles last gen had no problem spanning multiple discs. When a title/developer comes along and can't fit on multiple dvd discs then we can start talking about the superiority of BR disc over DVD and how Sony made the better design decision and will now win the gen. Or that one title will be forgotten amoung the sea of titles that do fit DVD 9.;)

Back