Beyond3D accused of being Biased by nVidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelg

Veteran
This started in this thread........
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9391&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=156

Doc Overclock said:
The Only thing Ben did wrong was post one of my emails, which he should not have done. I stand behind Ben on the review as it was as fair as you can get, although a bit confusing at times at to what his clear meaning was on some subjects. BB is not the nicest of Guys I know either but public displays of internal laundry should not be posted on the web. My companies, www.motherboards.org and www.gamepyre.com have never recieved any product from the two B's at NVIDIA. I tried to explain to BB that support is more than just sending us a link to his latest drivers but he disagrees. The only reason Ben's job was ever in question was over posting my email on the web as that was not morally right and two wrongs do not make a right. This thread has many valid points from many different perspectives so it is obvious BB has seriously PISSED OFF a variety of people. Ben does a good job in his reviews he just got a little trigger happy and spewed his anger on the NET. Let it be known though that Ben can no longer be on staff at this site and remain on our staff as this is an ATI fan site and BIASED against NV. My sites are completely unbiased and need to remain so into the future to maintain the equiliberium. I do thank all of you here on this site for giving Ben good morale support.
Yes but BIASED AT ALL is not good for sites like mine. Ben has already stated he will no longer be on staff here,, he can post here, be a member of the forums, but not on staff such as posting news reviews and such. I need Ben to be as nuetral as possible so that bad PR people do not associate him as BIASED in any form. Try to understand people this is business and relationships at some level must be maintained. Ben remains on staff on both my sites but he must be free and unrelated to any specific fan sites to maintain this. The Status Quo must be kept for my sites to be seen as un-biased.
Well I speak english clearly guys,, Ben himself says he has been a contributer to this site. NV see's that as working for a BIASED site. I cannot post anymore today on this as I need to go to San Diego. Whatever reality is NV feels this site is BIASED against them,,, what can I say that is what they feel,,I have to have writers who have a perspective that is nuetral and the companies they write about unchallenged by any PR person as to where their loyalties are. So if NV says this site is biased as long as that fact stays, I need Ben not to be a member of this team. Nothing agaisn't you lads just your basic bullshit politics that we all do not like but professionaly have to deal with. Have a god day gents,, I will check this thread tommorow.

:oops:

Dang it, I posted this just before you started the new thread! :rolleyes:

The Dig over in the other thread said:
Doc Overclock said:
The Status Quo must be kept for my sites to be seen as un-biased.
I think I'd rather be openly biased than to bend over backwards to maintain the appearence of non-biased, it seems a whole lot more honest.

Doc Overclock said:
When it can possibly effect my sites effectively getting products for review with a NV PR person holding a grudge. I live in reality people and sometimes things just suck and that is that. Unfortunately my sites need to have relations in good order with all the manufactures. If NV blacklists me, which no matter what is said exists, I hve trouble running my sites as we do not make lots of money like Tom's Badware. Anybody in this business knows what I am talking about,, you get more Bee's with honey than with Vinegar. Enough said!!!!! You either understand the perspective or you do not..
:oops:
Yeah, it's called "selling out" and it's where you put economic concerns over integrity. (See? I speak english goodly too. :) )

ben6 said:
Just for clarity, I haven't written a single news item or review on this site to my knowledge.
Is this Doc Overclock fellow your boss Ben? :|

Ben it looks bad what Doc said. If you take out the Bias think, the please the hardware companys so they send review sample even if the hardware is bad is wrong and its dishonest to you readers if that is what Doc is doing. So what if you get to review a NV40 in about 3-5 months from now and it sucks (like a 9800 pro is faster and have better IQ). Will Doc force you to write a good review for it for the sake of good relations? :cry:

I've never been forced to write anything positive or negative about any companies products by any person PR or otherwise. I have my own opinions and state those opinions in my reviews good or bad. That's what a review is supposed to be isn't it? I've always felt that if a product is worthy of praise it should stand for itself.

ben6 said:
I've never been forced to write anything positive or negative about any companies products by any person PR or otherwise. I have my own opinions and state those opinions in my reviews good or bad. That's what a review is supposed to be isn't it? I've always felt that if a product is worthy of praise it should stand for itself.

Doc does not seem to hold this opinion.

I wouldnt even say Rage3D is biased even though it's resources are primarily for support of ATI products. Some of the high profile sites have been just amazing, before the NV30 was even available it was as though they were trying to kill off the 9700Pro in it's tracks - 9 months of "ATI, Pretender to the throne", oh look another performance graph showing the NV30 running at 2 - 3 times the fps etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back