Best TV show

What is the best TV show now and not now

• Total voters
digitalwanderer said:
Please tell me you're joking.... :oops:

Uhm i can reassure you, i have no idea what Faulty towers is. Remember i lived in a country which got electricity last year for 18 years, then came to the UK, where the situation is not much better. :devilish:

The Fawlty Towers story…

Fawlty Towers is one of the best-known, and most-loved, series from the halcyon days of British comedy—the 1970s.

It starred John Cleese as irascible Torquay hotel owner Basil Fawlty, and Prunella Scales as his domineering wife Sybil—his “little nest of vipersâ€. Connie Booth played Polly the dependable maid and general assistant, and last but certainly not least, little Manuel superbly played by Andrew Sachs—the tyrannized waiter from Barcelona, dogsbody and subject of frequent physical attacks by the demented Basil! Terry the Chef, played by Brian Hall, was employed for the second series.

The other regular guests were the slightly senile Major Gowen (retired), and the hard of hearing old dears Miss Tibbs & Miss Gatsby.

Business seldom ran smoothly at Fawlty Towers: if you didn't pay for your stay with your life! (The Kipper and The Corpse), you could expect to be at least verbally assaulted by Basil (just about every episode!). The insults to guests were guaranteed as were the laughs for the viewers. I don't really remember the first runs of Fawlty Towers but I'm sure they were the perfect counter to what was often a pretty dismal period in Britain with frequent strikes etc. Strikes are frequently mentioned in the episodes.

Only two series of six episodes (Series One – 1975, Series Two – 1979) were ever made including classics such as A Touch Of Class, The Germans, and Waldorf Salad. The shows were originally broadcast on BBC2 and there are often repeat showings on the BBC and on channels such as UK Gold.
cast.jpg

geo said:
Oh, it's nowhere *that* interesting. I mean at least tattoo-location wise interesting in a "oh my god I bet that stung!" kinda way. *I* find it interesting viewing as often as possible. :LOL:

Let's say "lower back", how's that?

Ass antlers alert!!! Whale tail!!! :p ;)

geo said:
Oh, it's nowhere *that* interesting. I mean at least tattoo-location wise interesting in a "oh my god I bet that stung!" kinda way. *I* find it interesting viewing as often as possible. :LOL:

Let's say "lower back", how's that?
I thought it was on you (saw l-b's post first), so I was gonna ask if you REALLY had a 'tramp stamp'.

But then I found out we were talking bout your wife, and that's just a rude thing to say.

Though the circular pattern does make me wonder if it goes around...

oh never mind.

Millenium (Best TV show ever)
X-Files
Babylon 5
Firefly ( they scapped the show after 1 season :( )
Farscape
Veritas the quest ( They scrapped the show after 1 season )
Witchblade ( Scapped the show after two seasons )

And i'm sorry to repeat myself, but

BUFFY IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST SHOW EVER. ANYONE THINKING OTHERWISE WILL BURN IN HELL.

End of.

_xxx_ said:
How about "Presidents fucking internet trolls" circle? :p

There's no precedent for that. No president has ever fucked an internet troll before. And if he did, we don't have it on record. Maybe the internet troll happened to be his secretary, in which case he'd still go to the "presidents fucking secretaries" circle.

london-boy said:
And i'm sorry to repeat myself, but

BUFFY IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST SHOW EVER. ANYONE THINKING OTHERWISE WILL BURN IN HELL.

End of.
I still look forward to the Buffy movie, I need my scooby-gang fix. ;)

Back