Best multimedia converter software for PSP

Video 9, I believe the other one is called 3G. I have had good experiences with Video 9 when converting multimedia over to my PSP.

I just thought of something...Multimedia as in...a converter that does Pictures, Music AND Video....what type of multimedia converter are you talking about? (If there is one that encompasses all of that, then I would like to know to!)

I believe mckmas posted a commercial converter/encoder thats supposed to give you really good video quality for your PSP. Its in a thread somewhere on this board.

I tried Video 9 first. It seems fairly easy to use. It's bitrate calculation is a little off for the films I tried (I could have used a higher bitrate). Quality is very good.

I then tried Nero.
First it tried to clip off the top and bottom, and then when I stopped it doing that it produced a lower resolution clip, so when viewed on the PSP it looks soft due to the upscaling required. On the plus side it seems to be much faster than Video9.

I think until Nero gets it's act together a bit better I will stick with video9.
Looking at the quality I reckon I could stand to lower the quality and get two 90min movies on a 1 GB card. :)

Yeah, I find feature films at around half a GB are very watchable, using PSP Video 9, so I usually stick a couple on one of my memory cards for a journey.

So I've got games and music on one card, couple of films on the other and since they're off the memory card, you can get both movies watched and game for a while off the UMD before batteries die.

Back