Best HDMI 2.1 4K+ HDR TV for Consoles [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated video with Dolby Vision settings

Well I'm in the market for a 65-inch this year.

I got a 48 inch OLED last year for the bedroom.

There are a couple of Denon AVRs with HDMI 2.1 but reports are that gaming performance with Xbox Series X 4K120 games is very sketchy.

Inconsistent HDMI implementations out there everywhere.

HDMI is such a clusterfuck.

Need to upgrade my AVR but if I buy now, chances are they're inadequate. It's not the expense so much as getting rid of these big behemoth AVRs. The Denon I have is HDMI 1.4 and it's 10 years old, paid only $450 for it but it's a big 30 pound hulk of electronics and I dread having to figure out how to recycle it.

Well I'm in the market for a 65-inch this year.

I got a 48 inch OLED last year for the bedroom.

There are a couple of Denon AVRs with HDMI 2.1 but reports are that gaming performance with Xbox Series X 4K120 games is very sketchy.

Inconsistent HDMI implementations out there everywhere.

HDMI is such a clusterfuck.

Need to upgrade my AVR but if I buy now, chances are they're inadequate. It's not the expense so much as getting rid of these big behemoth AVRs. The Denon I have is HDMI 1.4 and it's 10 years old, paid only $450 for it but it's a big 30 pound hulk of electronics and I dread having to figure out how to recycle it.
Headache but wouldn't you run the X straight to the TV, then e-ARC the sound back to the AVR, so you wouldn't need the AVR to even support 4k120

Well I'll probably see what an LG C2 is priced like around June and pick up one of the Denons. Or pick up a C1 if the price is much better.

Figure technology is changing enough that no need to pay a big premium now.

Well I'll probably see what an LG C2 is priced like around June and pick up one of the Denons. Or pick up a C1 if the price is much better.

Figure technology is changing enough that no need to pay a big premium now.

Superbowl sales are going on right now. BB has a 55 inch C1 for $1299, 48 C1 at $1099 and 65 C1 for $1799.

Other than BF this is the best time to buy at least in the US.

Superbowl sales are going on right now. BB has a 55 inch C1 for $1299, 48 C1 at $1099 and 65 C1 for $1799.

Other than BF this is the best time to buy at least in the US.

Those prices are pretty much where they've settled for a couple of months I believe.

At AVS they're saying there are issues with C1 so I'm hoping to see C2 come out in the spring.

Those prices are pretty much where they've settled for a couple of months I believe.

At AVS they're saying there are issues with C1 so I'm hoping to see C2 come out in the spring.

This is why I’ve ignored the space for literally two years. How can you not be able to pick up a high end TV from a leading manufacturer and feel worry free especially with regards to consoles?

I've upgraded to a 65C1 last October from an ancient Panasonic PV60. I had some concerns due the general oled problem reports you read on the net over the years like display consistency or weird electronic deaths.

But none of them happened and I didn't regret it for one second. It's simply so much better. Unless you watch your content at sunlight waiting for a C2 with more light makes no real sense to me. If you can get a C1 for a good price there is no reason not to buy one.

But I don't expect this display to run as long as my previous one as that kind of build quality probably doesn't exist anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back