Best envoirments in a racing game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
As much as we like to talk about Forza and GT series, I'll have to say that PGR4 has put them both to shame in terms of enviorments.

Just watch this video: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5046_en.html "Shanghai at night on a bike."

That is easily the most jaw dropping footage I've seen in a racing game. My favorite part is how the light is reflecting off the ground. The building are crispy clear and everything seems just very highly detailed.

I have to agree that PGR4's environments put all other racing car games environments to shame. The environments in PGR4 have "mass", they dont give the impression nor the look like a "2D operatic stage background" as many other racing car games do... IMO.

This is surely a no brainer?! PGR4 has the best scenery in every iteration. That's something the developers have focussed on.

I haven't seen any N-Ring footage under sunlight so I'll be curious to see how good that looks compared to other racing games. In Forza2 the Ring was very well done and that's a track we can directly compare.

Micromachines! Do you know another racing game that even renders such small stuff like erasers, rulers and stack of cards?

What's the purpose of this thread? It can't possibly be game environments as the first post specifically refers / reveres PGR4. That's not really the way to start a general purpose thread (I am basing that on the name of the title.) Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back