Best art direction? KOTOR or FFX-2?

Okay having only played 2 hours of the new ff I have to give it to kotor. The world just seemed more alive to me and I was very attached to the chars . Which i have not been since ff6. Anyway off to replay baulders gate 2

jvd said:
Anyway off to replay baulders gate 2

Why don't you just replace the 'a' with an 'o'? Then you'll really be onto a good misspelling. And add an 'r' inbetween the 'g' and 'a' in gate. :LOL:
Seriously, though, why do people so often write it Baulder's Gate?

On topic: I've yet to play both games, though I most certainly will get myself KOTOR after hearing all the good things about it.

Echarin said:
jvd said:
Anyway off to replay baulders gate 2

Why don't you just replace the 'a' with an 'o'? Then you'll really be onto a good misspelling. And add an 'r' inbetween the 'g' and 'a' in gate. :LOL:
Seriously, though, why do people so often write it Baulder's Gate?

On topic: I've yet to play both games, though I most certainly will get myself KOTOR after hearing all the good things about it.
er i can't spell. Never could spell. Don't ask how i got a 700 on the verbal section of the sats. I never figured it out.

Tidal wave of off topic:

'Baulders' is one spelling of the phonetic pronunciation of the RSC pronunciation of the word 'Baldurs', which would probably be somewhere between 'Borlders' and 'Baulders'.

For those who don't know what the the RSC is it's the Royal Shakespeare Company - they tend to generate actors (note: pronounced 'ack-tohrs') with a notable theatrical voice. For examples think Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen, Brian Blessed, Jonathan Pryce, Alec Guinness, Alan Rickman, etc.

I haven't played the game, but I am led to suspect that someone with an RSC 'accent' did some narration and/or voice acting? They tend to show up all over the place - usually as mentors (men-tohrs) or villains.

I think, but I'm not sure, the correct pronunciation of the Viking god Baldur would be a short a, not the long a (Bahl or Borl/Baul - crikey, it's hard to get these phonetic spellings right without accents). But I don't know if Baldur's Gate was about the viking bloke anyway.

Back