Battlefield 4

To be honest, not much problems with cheaters on BF3 PC. Hardly ever any cheaters. If so, the get called out immediately and banned. Punkbuster on of course. Not sure why you guys think that this is such a big issue?

ultragpu said:
Well it's true you can't measure it 1:1 but it really depends which route Dice is taking with it. BF4 would not be better looking in any significant ways if they intend to have COD like iterations, however if going with the Crysis 3 route with tons of tessellations and fancy lighting effects then 60fps at 720p should be pretty good. I still prefer 30fps at 1080p any day though.

I'm sorry but i cannot make sense your post. I don't see what COD interations have anything to do with this? COD looks the way it does due to 60 fps focus and hardware limitations. Give new hardware and it's going to look drastically better (cod pc, is a "free upgrade")

Same goes for bf4. Minimum would be today's bf3 at max settings

He meant the shorter time between versions, a la COD, therefore presumably not as significant improvements in tech.

Obviously BF2 to BF3 was a massive upgrade in tech. BF3 to BF4 not nearly so much.

At least on consoles, BF3 was a substantial improvement over BC2, which itself was a fantastic game. I'm not sure what more they can add to BF4.

Perhaps go futuristic, like BF2142? I really liked BF2142 back in the day.

At least on consoles, BF3 was a substantial improvement over BC2, which itself was a fantastic game. I'm not sure what more they can add to BF4.

Titan mode!! Bring it in BF4 please!!!!

I double-dipped BF3 on PC and 360. 360 was a better overall experience for me.

Me too. Double dipped on PC and PS3 and then stuck with ps3. Lower player counts means no cluster fucks and getting into matches etc is so much smoother on the consoles. To me, the game, the maps seem to be made for 24 players, except for a few ones. They obviously targeted the consoles with this title.

Well unfortunately (depending on your point of view) DICE have told us BF4 will be a modern day shooter.

Well, I think there is a huge opportunity for the BF-style gameplay in a futuristic setting. No other games like that as far as I know.

I fear that DICE is still trying to chase COD, rather than innovating on their franchise's strengths.

To be honest, not much problems with cheaters on BF3 PC. Hardly ever any cheaters. If so, the get called out immediately and banned. Punkbuster on of course. Not sure why you guys think that this is such a big issue?

I personally had a lot of issues with BF3 on the PC. From PC unstability to people running the game be either hacking or glitching, it was

The patches, atleast to me, were all over the place from a balance standpoint.

Don't get me wrong, the game looks beautiful and I still play it on occasion but I really wish I would have gotten in on the 360.

I even built a new PC just for it but ended up using it from Skyrim and Dota2 (totally worth it).

I'll wait for BF4 on the 360 replacement.

I've gotta admit I really dislike the web based launcher for BF3 on the PC, but then I only bought it for the single player so getting it for my 360 would have been a little absurd considering my PC can max out the single player campaign in 3D at 1080p and 40-50fps average.

Perhaps I'd feel differently if I played a lot of mutiplayer although I doubt I could ever be comfortable playing a fast paced FPS on a control pad.

BF3 MP was really good on the 360, at least pre-patch. I wish Robert would have joined us. We had a pretty epic run there for a while.

Well, I think there is a huge opportunity for the BF-style gameplay in a futuristic setting. No other games like that as far as I know.

I fear that DICE is still trying to chase COD, rather than innovating on their franchise's strengths.

I realise I sound like a fanboy (I am, I just don't want to sound like one) but BF switched to modern times before COD did, with BF2 coming out a year before COD: MW, and that's discounting the Desert Combat mod for 1942.

Personally I'm waiting for EA to buy Blizzard from Activision then I can have Battlefield:Starcraft and I'll never leave the house again.

bigtabs said:
I realise I sound like a fanboy (I am, I just don't want to sound like one) but BF switched to modern times before COD did, with BF2 coming out a year before COD: MW, and that's discounting the Desert Combat mod for 1942.

Personally I'm waiting for EA to buy Blizzard from Activision then I can have Battlefield:Starcraft and I'll never leave the house again.

I think ord more abort the while xp system and stuff

I want BF4 to be more like BC2

I also think the whole unlock system is done totally wrong...The unlocks should be about different skins and such, not letting higher ranked players actually have gear unavailable for lower ranked players

I want BF4 to be more like BC2

I also think the whole unlock system is done totally wrong...The unlocks should be about different skins and such, not letting higher ranked players actually have gear unavailable for lower ranked players

IIRC BC2 was similar with unlocking more weapons and gear. Only difference is it's easier to unlock everything in BC2 than it is in BF3.

Back