Battlefield 3 announced

You mean 50% more damage, right? Anyway, it kind of already hits from above. I guess I need to convince a squadmate to equip a SOFLAM so I can do some testing.

You mean 50% more damage, right? Anyway, it kind of already hits from above. I guess I need to convince a squadmate to equip a SOFLAM so I can do some testing.
Apparently it is 2x an RPG so it reduces a new tank to 50% health in one shot, but if you are up close it is too slow and you're better off with an RPG or just C4.

Or AT mines. :devilish:

I don't think I can express my love for AT mines. Yesterday, I was in a tank with zoom optics and I noticed an enemy engineer laying mines in one of the tunnels. So I took a long range shot at him just as an enemy tank and jeep drove by him. My shell must have exploded his mines because I killed him, the two tank occupants, and the two people in the jeep. I'm still laughing at my stroke of fluke luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or AT mines. :devilish:

I don't think I can express my love for AT mines. Yesterday, I was in a tank with zoom optics and I noticed an enemy engineer laying mines in one of the tunnels. So I took a long range shot at him just as an enemy tank and jeep drove by him. My shell must have exploded his mines because I killed him, the two tank occupants, and the two people in the jeep. I'm still laughing at my stroke of fluke luck.

don't forget your 200 points for "destroy explosive"ribbon. ;)

AT mines are hard to deploy in close quarters with a tank, but if they are already deployed, hell yeah I love them. :)

In BC2 you could destroy mines with small arms fire, but you need explosives now. I guess it is fine both ways, but it was awesome in BC2 dropping a mine behind a tank and shooting it with a gun and getting the tank kill with a gun.

There's a really good anti tank video out there which shows the damage on tanks from every concievable weapon including all vehicles. The javelin doesn't do as much as an RPG according to that.

/edit Here it is:

I'm loving battlelog more and more. Squadded up with some randoms and after a few rounds of really good teamplay I noticed one guy was level 39, the same as me, so I challenged him to a race to 40. After about an hour we started a round, in which I needed 1.5k and he needed 5k. I thought I had it in the bag, but he levelled up the AA vehicle mid round and got there. I only got it by a gnats whisker at the end of the round thanks to a few ribbons. It's something that could never have happened in BF2.

Another good teamplayer on my friends list. Really loving the social aspect.

...and Davros.. yahtzee is savage on everything that isn't Portal, Painkiller or Minecraft. Have you played it?

Just had my first "wtf just happened" moment :D

I play sniper a lot, but I'm not a camper. I'm going to take a flag by myself but last second I see 3 ennemies near containers. I snipe one, the two other see me and star shooting. No time to reload, I switch to pistol, rush to a cover, kill another foe. Bing, empty again, i don't even stop and kill the last one by running at him and put my knife in his chest and take his tag in the process. All this in less than 5-6 seconds.

And I usually suck, so it felts good :eek:

Yeah it's not perfect, but there are many people who like it too. Are you really not interested in MP? Even coop? You could coop with some of your fellow b3ders.

Shame there's no demo I guess.

SP is pretty much Modern Warfare on steroids. It's definitely no Crysis in terms of gameplay but it's worth playing through once IMO.

And you might as well play it on Easy to avoid frustrations since there is no manual save, only checkpoints.

Conquest mode problems

Guys i think a lot of you encountered blood bath type stalemates in conquest mode on some of the maps (mostly on metro but also seine passing or damavand peak). The problem is that there are only small choke points that everyone needs to go thru with everyone reviving everyone + cats and dogs.
Obvious solution to that problem would be to redesign the maps but i personally think that something more simple might help. Flashbangs and smoke nades. I am not sure why no one already implemented something along those lines (for infantry) as IMO it would contribute substantially to CQB.
Thoughts?

PS is it contest or conquest? :) I think its the latter but i have polish ver of BF3 so im not sure :p

Guys i think a lot of you encountered blood bath type stalemates in conquest mode on some of the maps (mostly on metro but also seine passing or damavand peak). The problem is that there are only small choke points that everyone needs to go thru with everyone reviving everyone + cats and dogs.
Obvious solution to that problem would be to redesign the maps but i personally think that something more simple might help. Flashbangs and smoke nades. I am not sure why no one already implemented something along those lines (for infantry) as IMO it would contribute substantially to CQB.
Thoughts?

100% agree, am really missing these and they. Assault should get flash and recon smoke i think, or assault can choose between either.

OTOH, a capable team will most likely push through a choke. like Alleyway on Bazaar, all it takes is a good sniper of support player and someone to run&gun to the enemy position. A squad can make a difference.

oh yeah, and mortars of course :p

100% agree, am really missing these and they. Assault should get flash and recon smoke i think, or assault can choose between either.

OTOH, a capable team will most likely push through a choke. like Alleyway on Bazaar, all it takes is a good sniper of support player and someone to run&gun to the enemy position. A squad can make a difference.

oh yeah, and mortars of course :p

When i think about it its funny i did not mention the grand bazaar as i find it quite balanced (you can always flank your opponent) even though it has this choke point in the middle.
As you mentioned mortars IMO it is a bit stupid that you can unleash a shitstorm of doom over you opponents with mortar fire in that part of the map. There are tall buildings everywhere so it should not be possible! (or at least not so easy).

I think the assault role already has 'smoke grendes' in the form of the M320, which once you get a few kills with the ordinary version, you get 'buckshot' and 'smoke' options.

We already have smoke in several forms:

Assault - Get 10 kills with the underslung grenade launcher for optional smoke rounds.
Support - Use the mortar. Press 2 to select smoke rounds.
Vehicles - Unlock smoke perk. Press X.

These all do tons of smoke. It doesn't seem to affect performance on my system. No flashbangs yet. Hopefully they'll add these in Back to Karkand, as they were a feature in BF2.

We already have smoke in several forms:

Assault - Get 10 kills with the underslung grenade launcher for optional smoke rounds.
Support - Use the mortar. Press 2 to select smoke rounds.
Vehicles - Unlock smoke perk. Press X.

These all do tons of smoke. It doesn't seem to affect performance on my system. No flashbangs yet. Hopefully they'll add these in Back to Karkand, as they were a feature in BF2.

Well mortar and vehicle smoke is useless in choke points but i have to admit that i was not aware of the smoke rounds for underslung nade launchers. Battlelog says there are no unlocks for M320, am i looking at the wrong weapon?

Well mortar and vehicle smoke is useless in choke points but i have to admit that i was not aware of the smoke rounds for underslung nade launchers. Battlelog says there are no unlocks for M320, am i looking at the wrong weapon?

It is the correct weapon, but I don't think it is a configuration option for the M320, I think there are 3 different versions of the M320;

M320
M320 - Buckshot (can't remember the proper name)
M320 - Smoke

It is the correct weapon, but I don't think it is a configuration option for the M320, I think there are 3 different versions of the M320;

M320
M320 - Buckshot (can't remember the proper name)
M320 - Smoke

Hmm too bad its not listed on battlelog.
For the past few days i was trying to focus on unlocking the assault class but i found it to be terrible chore. Engie is much more effective especially when you have to deal with enemy vehicles (but thats obvious :p). My point is i can not force myself to play assault for the unlocks because my team is not doing its job properly (i have to hide from the tanks and aircrafts all the time). If there are decent enemy pilots in enemy team i always seem to be the only equipping sa-18 igla. I rarely see other engies strategicly placing mines or trying to get better positioning against tanks (they just go "in your face stupid tank" and usually die or basicly do not change position after shot).

Back