Battlefield 3 announced

Every online MP game attracts the world's idiots. The fun comes from slapping C4 on those idiots and blowing them sky high.

And if you can't do that, strapping C4 on your friends and having them run into the idiots is just as much fun... :LOL:

And sometimes you can even let your friend in on the plan.

No I would never........... :devilish:

finished the SP campaign. I liked it. It was short and cliched, i.e. everything CoD is, except the graphics were amazing and you got to drive tanks and the inevitable "controversial bit" was actually something a little more tasteful than CoD's. Like CoD, I also enjoyed the non-US army/marine/whatever missions more. The ending was fairly ambiguous so hoping for more. Should anyone buy BF3 for the SP? No. Should anyone buy CoD for the SP? Also no. Will now proceed to join in on the MP fun.

finished the SP campaign. I liked it. It was short and cliched, i.e. everything CoD is, except the graphics were amazing and you got to drive tanks and the inevitable "controversial bit" was actually something a little more tasteful than CoD's. Like CoD, I also enjoyed the non-US army/marine/whatever missions more. The ending was fairly ambiguous so hoping for more. Should anyone buy BF3 for the SP? No. Should anyone buy CoD for the SP? Also no. Will now proceed to join in on the MP fun.
I enjoyed the campaign, but the story didn't do a good job explaining why the "controversial bit" was necessary. It seemed tacked on to add drama without my understanding why.

You should take up DOTA. The nicest online community possible.

Exactly: League of Legends: nothing beats waiting 12 minutes for some ukrainian (pardon me) mofo to load a level only to drop out 10 seconds into the match and screwing the entire team.

We should be blessed with communities like BF.

Or just check out Xbox Live in any game... honestly, most online communities are pretty awful. The advantage of Battlefield is you can switch servers until you find one with more friendly players and admins :)

Also, all the more reason to join and play with us in the B3D platoon!

You're in.

My clan has several servers, and we actively kick asshats and ban abusive people. Look for anything with the older gamers in the title.

Dresden I've been throwing down with some of your non-B3D buddies. I have to say they're pretty good.
It was kinda awkward at first since I just popped into the voice chat and started going, but after my 5000 point round it was all good. :devilish:

When I played with Dresden and one of his buddies we just used the party chat, which has improved greatly in quality since the beta.

Dresden I've been throwing down with some of your non-B3D buddies. I have to say they're pretty good.
It was kinda awkward at first since I just popped into the voice chat and started going, but after my 5000 point round it was all good. :devilish:

Man, you shoulda seen me the other day. I was on FIRE. Over 6k points in one round. I wasn't on last night for any longer than one match, with a few buddies, and we got smoked. But my friends are really good, so we should all get a game going. Now that I have a working mic, it makes everyone's life a lot easier. I'll be on tonight!

ahem

:p

To be fair the round was 40 mins long so SPM was roughly 315, below the average B3D platoon member.

That's a SPM of 315, some way of your average of 336.

It's funny that people go to smaller servers to get "higher" scores and they end up actually reducing their average scores :(

Btw, D3fik has a SPM of over 400.. bigup!
icon14.gif

edit: curse your ninja-edit! :p

Ah you ninja'd me while I was editing that in.

I didn't look to play on a small server - our server was borked and wasn't letting new players in. Didn't realise til the last 2 mins of the round. Of course I was on TS with the other server admins going "NO! Don't restart the server until the round is over, I have AWESOMESCORE!"

Just learned today that SOFLAM targetted vehicles' flares don't work against the missiles fired at it. Nice feature that makes sense.

Just learned today that SOFLAM targetted vehicles' flares don't work against the missiles fired at it. Nice feature that makes sense.

Now.. how do I actually target with SOFLAM? no idea.. the manual doesn't help me! :p

Back