Battlefield 3 announced

You are guaranteed free Return to Karkand thingy with pre-order limited edition. Dunno if this is available after launch.

Yup. The Return to Karkand DLC includes Wake Island, Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman.

Plus you get a flash suppressor, the DAO-12 shotgun, Type 88 LGM and flechette ammunition.

Seriously, homer. Pre-order. All that is available one month before non pre-orders.

Damnit, they'd have to release the pre-loadables (TM) while I'm playing volleyball. Not that it matters, I have days to get it.. but it will still nag at me.

Yeah if you're going to buy it on release day anyway then the pre-order is a no-brainer. 2 extra packs of goodies, 1 of which you'll almost certainly want to buy when it comes out. The maps in the BtK pack are the cream of BF2 maps and represent almost 50% more mappage to enjoy compared to the base game.

Okay I am an infidel I guess since I never preorder games. I think it is stupid. It's not like the game can possibly run out of stock.

Of course ima buy BF3 as soon as it comes out, boxed copy I guess since there's no Steam.

pre-orders are for incentives, statues, DLC etc. not because you're afraid it runs out of stock! :p

oh.. and a head-start in the beta ofcourse ;)

Yeah, there's tons of reasons to pre-order.

Anyone from the beta remember what the hotkey to rotate your view in a vehicle? I see all these videos of people panning the camera in a jet. I never knew how to do that.

Hmm.. so I do or do not get the BtK maps and other goodies if I don't preorder but buy new on launch day?

Hmm.. so I do or do not get the BtK maps and other goodies if I don't preorder but buy new on launch day?

BtK is a pre-order incentive and it will be available later (at a charge) if you buy the regular version..

I imagine:
Limited edition +BtK at price of the regular edition

After launch:
Regular Edition
Limited Edition +BtK

repi I understand you're a busy fellow, I really do, but please for the love of all that is Battlefield could you tell me why I can't use bigtabs as my soldier name or Origin name?

There's a handy way to change your Origin name now. 'Great' I thought, 'at last a new system that isn't somehow broken when it comes to the nick I've been using in BF2 for 6 odd years...'

I type bigtabs and I get the same message I've been getting since BFBC2, in lovely red letters:
The Origin ID can contain only letters, numbers, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).

WTF? Is this some new Svenska swear word that I've not previously been made aware of? I'm always bigtabs in every game + forum and nobody has complained yet apart from BFBC2 and now BF3.

lol maybe they translate 'tab' to a tab character. Wouldn't that be ridiculous?

lol maybe they translate 'tab' to a tab character. Wouldn't that be ridiculous?

I can have 8igtabs so it's not that! I don't know if it's some confusion re: the existence of a bigtabs in BF2. When I try to link that account to my Origin/BFBC2 one it says username + password not recognized. I know for sure that they're correct because I've used them frequently very recently to play BF2. Surely too the negative response would be 'username already in use' or something like that.

wow F'ing great way to lose my account name :(

How did you lose your account name? :(

How did you lose your account name? :(

well, my "Battlefield persona" is neliz

When I connected my xbox live gamertag, i hooked "neliz2k" to neliz2k@gmail.com. EA, I think last year introduced the "Master EA ID" which was now my gamertag. since the linking constituted a Change, I got this response when I mailed EA support recently:

I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you thus far.Please be informed that we cannot change the EAID as you have get it already changed.

Now, when I check my profile at ea.com/profile, my "battlefield" identity "neliz" is gone and I have my "neliz" account for BF heroes. where it used to be a slew of "neliz" of neliz accounts all the way from BF42 on :(

So yeah, Fuck EA for their "customer service"

I think I am going to stay with shellchocolate, it is just too much hassle dealing with EA's shitty CS.

Why on earth we need to go through CS just to choose a player name is beyond me. A player name! It's nuts.

nope my name was sbatgib... :( Your pattern recognition is maybe better than your memory. :)

You're right, I remember now! :|

About the difficulty in changing it, some developers like using text as primary keys. Some developers also can't tell the difference between an entity atribute and a database field.

In these cases, changing a name could entail updating a few thousand records on a large DB for each request. Probably the reason why you have to pay to change your XBOX Live id.

bigtabs' problem seems different though, I agree the error message should say "username in use" instead.

Back