Battlefield 3 announced

Hey repi, can you tell us if you'll implement proper gamepad support for PC?

Yes, I second that :)

You honestly can't understand why some may prefer to use gamepads on PC?

Don't sweat it dude, you'll always get flack for suggesting gamepad on this forum. I just ignore it personally. I've been pc gaming since 1981 on the oiginal 4.77mhz ibm pc so I consider myself just as much of a pc gamer as anyone else here, and I want gamepad support as well.

Nobody here is arguing against gamepad support. You two are just deliberately misinterpreting. Andrew wrote it well enough above so I wont bother repeating.

Dude, just let it go. I cannot put into words how little I care about your sentiments at this point, savvy?

I already stated that arguing against a tidal wave of opposition is fruitless, so I'm not going to invest any more effort in a futile fight.

fyi, I don't whine about getting "Beaten by kb\mouse users". But I'm sure you like to take it that way.
You are completely entitled to use a gamepad on the PC. But the majority doesn't want you to have artificial help. If you can't or don't want to understand that argument, then go play on another platform and stop your obvious whining.

Yes, I second that :)

Don't sweat it dude, you'll always get flack for suggesting gamepad on this forum. I just ignore it personally. I've been pc gaming since 1981 on the oiginal 4.77mhz ibm pc so I consider myself just as much of a pc gamer as anyone else here, and I want gamepad support as well.

Me three :D! I want gamepad support too. I get enough carpal tunnel from working with kb/mouse !

There's really no problem with adding gamepad support as long as any aim assist only applies to using a gamepad. If players on a PC want to sit back and relax and let the game shoot for them then go ahead.

For me the gamepad support would be good for flying a chopper and a jet.
I know I would destroy far less choppers..

For me the gamepad support would be good for flying a chopper and a jet..
Completely agreed. I typically use a full joystick for this in BF games (left hand on KB, right hand swaps between mouse and joystick as appropriate), but a gamepad works well too.

I hope there'll be gamepad support (XBOX 360 specifically) as that made controlling vehicles a lot easier. Not a fan of aim-assist though.

Yeah definitely much better for vehicle control, both ground and air. Being able to switch between when transitioning from foot to vehicle is very handy.

Alright. Everyone has had their say on controllers and aim-assist. It's clear there won't be any convincing. Let us move on please.

Completely agreed. I typically use a full joystick for this in BF games (left hand on KB, right hand swaps between mouse and joystick as appropriate), but a gamepad works well too.

That's what I do. I'd use the entirety of my Logitech G940, but BF2 has some issues with getting all three devices (Joystick, throttles, rudder pedals) to work all at once. When it works though, it's pretty sweet. I use a Saitek Cyborg V.1 to save myself the hassle. I much prefer to use the mouse when flying the helos with the Cyborg, though when I got the G940 to work completely it was at it's best. As for jets, it's pretty much suicide to even think about using the mouse, you're just going to get your ass handed to ya.

I cannot stop watching the tank battle trailer :D

best looking game ever, gigiantic leap over everything my eyes have witnessed!!

I also play Crysis 2 in highest possible setting...but Crysis 2 looks like a game in comparison....

I wonder what I need to upgrade my rather new PC to play this baby @ highest possible settings...what is certain: I will upgrade as much as need :mrgreen:

from all the games I saw...this is my most anticipated...for sure!

I wonder what I need to upgrade my rather new PC to play this baby @ highest possible settings...what is certain: I will upgrade as much as need :mrgreen:
The recommendation is a 64-bit OS and a DX11 card. If you don't have either of those they are safe upgrades, with more specific benchmarks coming when we hit open beta in September I imagine :)

The recommendation is a 64-bit OS and a DX11 card. If you don't have either of those they are safe upgrades, with more specific benchmarks coming when we hit open beta in September I imagine :)

thanks, I know those recommended settings but I am not sure if "recommended" means max graphics?!...I have a GTX480 and all...but I want to be sure that I can play this baby at max :mrgreen:

Does this mean we finally will have game properly using more than 2GB of RAM?
Will it make use of all available RAM not to flush already loaded textures and data every time we load new map?

Just wishing out loud :p

thanks, I know those recommended settings but I am not sure if "recommended" means max graphics?!...I have a GTX480 and all...but I want to be sure that I can play this baby at max :mrgreen:

I'm in the same boat. I have an overclocked GTX570 and would love to know if I can play this game at max lol.

Intel Quad i7 and 6GB of DDR3 RAM too, of course. :smile:

Back