Battlefield 3 announced

The new BF3 premium video showing Armoured Kill maps is beyond freaking amazing :oops: !!!!!!!!
The Snow, Desert and the Famr land map are fracking delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
AK is live for PC and Xbox. Origin is updating as we speak. I hope it's fun.

Bandar is HUEG, loads of helis, jets, tanks and everything in between. It is very interesting and pretty flat, so helis will have a hard time against the improved stinger/igla.

I checked out the new assignments, last night. I'm kinda bummed there's no new weapon unlocks. They're all vehicle-oriented.

I probably shouldn't be surprised. The DLC is entirely vehicle-oriented.

One thing that I miss from the previous modern-themed Battlefield games is the Middle Eastern Coalition. I pray the fourth installment features them.

Had a chance to try 3/4 new maps so far. They're all pretty great, in the vein of Caspian / Oman the spaces between flags are very exposed. Tank destroyers are a lot of fun, no one seems to know what to do with mobile artillery yet. I wish they would fix this damn squad leader bug though, it's completely broken HC.

Played a few rounds. Boy am I rusty at playing BF3, and this despite playing CQ nearly every day the last weeks...have to re-learn tactics and how to hit enemies in the distance.

So far, the snow map is phantastic, a looker and very interesting gameplay!

But I also encountered a bug: all of my team could only spawn in US base, no squad or flag spawning...of course this bug destroyed the whole game.

Edit: could it be that Tank Superiority mode does not allow spawning? Confused...again a round without spawning...?!?

Yeah, I guess that is really the case. Well, that is the most stupid thing I ever witnessed in gaming history!

A teamplay based game, where you are not allowed to play as a team - must be a really smart dev who figured this out. Furthermore combine this with the game that has the largest maps out there, where you literally run minutes from the base until you reach the action and get often insta killed...et voila, you have the most borring game ever made.

Booo!
(and no, this time it is not Buuuuorns!)

PS: Conquest is still ok...
PPS: Snow map is one of the best maps ever. Graphics are insane, vertical gameplay is unbelievable good...

Am late to the game, but IMO this game looks good even on the low settings.
Playing at 1080p at the low presets, and gets above 40 FPS all the time in the multiplayer. The campaign chugged along mostly at 20-30 FPS at the Ultra presets.

Can't yet say if I prefer it to BC2

It really feels like I only own half the game though, when I see all DLC available for it

Am late to the game, but IMO this game looks good even on the low settings.
Playing at 1080p at the low presets, and gets above 40 FPS all the time in the multiplayer. The campaign chugged along mostly at 20-30 FPS at the Ultra presets.

Can't yet say if I prefer it to BC2

It really feels like I only own half the game though, when I see all DLC available for it

It looks good even on low because it barely scales....

It looks good even on low because it barely scales....
If it "scaled" in any way that was very relevant for performance, it would give advantages to people running on low (this was discussed in the tech talks). The expensive stuff (foliage, smoke, etc.) has to be done the same everywhere for fairness.

Anyone else notice that the game has, as of late, become progressively more and more unstable? NAMELY Gulf of Oman. There's spots on that map where my FPS dips to 30, whereas it used to be a constant 60, across the board. I've been reading a lot of players having the exact same issues.

Oman has always had performance issues IIRC, especially with many players. I think it's partially just too much destructability and too little occlusion resulting in tons of "debris" being rendered.

I read people are being banned for using that mod.

About Oman, it seems performance on that specific map has gotten increasingly worse with every patch. It used to run flawlessly on my computer. Now, there's points in that map where the FPS plummets whenever I'm in that specific area. I also noticed severe FPS drops when I'm in the wake of dust, like following closely behind a moving vehicle or an explosion.

I like this game, so I am disappointed that on my new computer I get no sound in it. Updated drivers, BIOS, everything. Checked the sound mixer. Disabled all other audio devices. No sound. At all.

Man it does look good on a GTX670 at 1080p, but the game is significantly harder to play in deaf mode.

Back