Batman Begins

It's only the fact it's being directed by Christopher Nolan that makes me want to see it as I've loved his other films ('Following', 'Memento', 'Insomnia'). I really hope it is good, for his sake.

DW:
Hehehe! Takes lateral thinking to figure that one out. :D

Anyway, Bale as batman... Can it be anything other than great? He's one of the best actors around, no doubt about it.

digitalwanderer said:
When did you get a laptop with wifi? :oops:

Says the guy with the sig, "I miss my friends when I'm away from my 'puter." I have RL friends. I may have to buy their movie tickets to get them to go wtih me, but I have friends!

John Reynolds said:
I have RL friends. I may have to buy their movie tickets to get them to go wtih me, but I have friends!
Wow, just the price of admission? No extra cash on top?

Colour me impressed, I usually have to add about $20-50us on top of that. :oops:

John Reynolds said:
Anyone see it yet? I'm going tonight with friends after work. It's getting pretty damn good reviews so far too.
Sigh, i was hoping this year was going to be a 4 movie year, but it looks like ill have to add batman begins to it. This movie is getting great reviews. I just have to figure a way to get a few hours off to get to the movies.

epic

I bought 4 tickets to the Imax version of Batman Begins and being a big fan of the character...WHOOHOO!!! I cant wait!

epicstruggle said:
I just have to figure a way to get a few hours off to get to the movies.

epic

Tell your dad you want a half-day to go to the movies. Heck, leave the movie out of it and just say you want some time off, period.

Just got back from seeing the movie, all I have to say Keaton got out done by Bale as batman, this movie rocks, I bought tickets to see it again this weekend.

10/10

Perhaps the best Comic Book adaptation of all time. Spiderman was Good , but they had a little to much Cheese that just didnt have to be there.

This movie actually has you believe that someone that Crazy and driven with the money could become Batman. Bale is Aweosme, Alfred, Fox, Gordon, all top notch characters. Liem Was outstanding and totally cast against type.

I really wonder who will play Joker in the next movie. I want someone who is a serious actor and not a big ticket name. No idea who to pick yet but it could be anyone. Actually,, Rutger Haugher could play Joker in some wierd twist of fate for revenge based on what happens to him in this flick.

I really want to see other Superhero movies have the "powers" and costumes and leave the Cheese behind like this one does.

This film is STUPIDLY good. Oh My God.

This is probably one of my top three films EVER now. Its knocked the Matrix out of the top three. Its simply awesome. Me and the gf came out the cinema, looked at each other, and silently agreed to see it again. Ive seen it twice today.

Its BRILLIANT. Theres a good 15-20 min part in the middle where every single line is better than the one before.

Its IMMENSE. Back story, why hes Batman, how hes Batman, what he wants to do with Batman, is expressed and explained in this film better than ever before.

Stylistically, visually, sonically, storylinewise, dialoguewise this film is STUNNING. It makes me mad at EVERY OTHER MOVIE that they arent this good.

I'm looking forward to SERENITY so much its bordering on a pisstake. I came out of batman dissappointed that i dont think serenity is gonna live up to the same quality.

I dunno, I cant praise it highly enough. There are no weak bits, there are no screaming stupid heroines. Everyone has flaws to overcome, maybe they do, maybe they dont.

Finally - and this have NEVER happened before - this film doesnt have a proper conclusion. And i didnt CARE. I came away satisfied, even though a good portion of the story is left hanging. It just feels "right".

Its disgusting that a film is this good. It makes all the other films look like crap. Star Wars isnt even in the same galaxy (pun!) as Batman. Fanboi's suck sometimes.

GO SEE THIS FILM!!!

Well, the jump cut editing during action sequences was a bit disappointing, but other than that it's probably the best comic book film yet.

Back