Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by BRiT, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

If 2000 mhz is outdated specs, and changing the CU count this late would be unreasonable, the only way forward is 2170.14 mhz. And liquid nitrogen refill cartridges as part of ps plus.

KirkSi, Scott_Arm, temesgen and 2 others like this.
  2. Proelite

Veteran Regular Subscriber

It's not focused on BC testing. It's complicated.

BRiT and PSman1700 like this.
  3. chris1515

Veteran Regular

But who said it is late. From what I heard they explore multiple design at the same time. For MS Game is a tiny part of the revenue and profit, for Sony this the number one source of revenue and profit.

4. AbsoluteBeginner

Regular Newcomer

You will have to find me a quote for that because I don't think I ever said that. For everything else, I'm not gonna bother replying, you are way to toxic for me to continue to get on that level of discussion. When you have a time and write another pastebin, make sure to link us up.

KirkSi and PSman1700 like this.
  5. Mskx

Newcomer

If the Github leak is of some old Jaguar PS4 Pro 2 thing they scrapped then that must have been years ago, are there any indications of when there was last testing/work done on it?

PSman1700 likes this.
  6. AbsoluteBeginner

Regular Newcomer

Its not Jaguar APU, at least not in Github. Oberon in Github has same OPN number as Flute benchmark, which is an SOC containing 8 core Zen 2, 16GB of RAM on 256bit bus and 13F9 iGPU (Oberon A0).

KirkSi, Michellstar, BRiT and 3 others like this.
  7. iroboto

iroboto Daft Funk
    Legend Regular Subscriber

What if Sony wants to launch at a $399 price point?
    Honestly, it's Sony's advantage to be cheaper than MS.
    Competing at the same price point is probably to their disadvantage.

This thread focuses way too much on power; when price is every bit as large of a factor.

PSman1700 likes this.
  8. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

1 - More CUs than the number mentioned in the Gospel
    2 - Higher amount of ALUs per CU than the traditional 64 shader units
    3 - Higher clocks
    4 - Combination of the above

Picao84 likes this.
  9. Mskx

Newcomer

Ah, thank you for the information. @Dictator were you aware of this?

PSman1700 likes this.
  10. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

You'd need to provide us with numbers to prove your claims. I can't do anything with 'its powerfull', 'its close', or even worse, 'people won't notice the difference'.

If that had to do with Stadia, then that claim doesn't make any sense at all.

Who are those 'trustable poeple'?

Guess the PS5 will be exotic in one way atleast :D Would Sony really create another 'jet engine'? Thought it was enough with PS4 and Pro.

Have feelings for him also, what if it was your favorite product being at around 9TF, no one can take that easy like that.

11. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Unless the ability to cover up the rendering deficit is better than what XB1 has.

The argument isn't explicitly in favour of either machine. It's just saying a possibility. The rumours people are counting the TFs over though are the 9 vs 12.
    "You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

Yes. He didn't go into any details like upscaling. He just said one machine may have a TF deficit but be better at using it.

"one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

An explanation for that on my part, because zero hardware details were given, is that the machine with less TFs could be using better upscaling than the other one, and produce results that it takes pixel-counters a long while to figure out what its rendering (which is becoming harder anyway because there's not really a single render resolution and hasn't been for ages).

The guy, who's not a native English speaker and so you're basing an awful lot on what's an inherently weak communication, also says some people can see a laser pointer on the moon and some like to sit 30cm from their 4K TV to see if the game is 4K native or not, neither of which is exact. That should point you towards his communication being very general and you shouldn't be trying to parse specific words for meaning. His point is that it's very hard to perceive, subjective, the difference. He does not say that's because the machines are the same power, but because flops don't give the whole picture. I repeat...

"one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

Silenti, BRiT and PSman1700 like this.
  12. Nisaaru

Regular

I somehow miss options
    5 - Lower clocks
    6 - Less enabled CUs

for TDP, yield and price reasons:)

Proelite and PSman1700 like this.
  13. mpg1

Veteran Newcomer

Specs aside and just looking at the veracity of the various rumours/evidence/leaks.

I still don't understand how some will apply wide open interpretation for raw data, yet will try to apply specific and narrow interpretation to fairly subjective human words and sentiment.

14. N2O

N2O
    Regular

For some people it's "better than MS console no matter what or go to hell", they never think about lower performance likely means lower price.

egoless, Proelite and PSman1700 like this.
  15. Esrever

Regular Newcomer

Judging by some people, they seem to think lower price and more features as the baseline.

egoless, Proelite and PSman1700 like this.
  16. PSman1700

Veteran Newcomer

When the narrative doesn't fit, opt for another!

egoless and Proelite like this.
  17. upnorthsox

Veteran

Don't see how it can be $399 unless Sony is willing to take a huge bath. The SSD and additional memory will bump it $50 minimum if little else goes up from the PS4 Pro. That gives a price of $449 for an 8tf ps5 vs $499 for a 12tf Xsx. Is that still a big enough price difference for the power gap? I don't think so.

18. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Pretty much describes every console warrior in this thread, including those pretending not to be. The one-sided narrative gang are the most obvious though.

egoless, disco_ and PSman1700 like this.
  19. upnorthsox

Veteran

Ok, 2 cars in the parking lot. a balanced Yugo and an unbalanced Corvette, I'll take the 'Vette.............
    ....I'm sure you're happier since you're, you know, balanced. :p:no::p

20. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Terrible analogy for so many reasons.

disco_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.