Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 2000 mhz is outdated specs, and changing the CU count this late would be unreasonable, the only way forward is 2170.134 mhz. And liquid nitrogen refill cartridges as part of ps plus.

But who said it is late. From what I heard they explore multiple design at the same time. For MS Game is a tiny part of the revenue and profit, for Sony this the number one source of revenue and profit.

Yes, you've made us aware many times that you're convinced that the Gospel tells the whole story. To the point of believing the SoC isn't even using any CUs for redundancy and there's no more than 36 physical CUs (which is unprecedented for all GCN consoles so far).
You will have to find me a quote for that because I don't think I ever said that. For everything else, I'm not gonna bother replying, you are way to toxic for me to continue to get on that level of discussion. When you have a time and write another pastebin, make sure to link us up.

I never said it is not legit but from one trustable people said it is outdated. Same things when @Dictator told on era Richard Leadbetter heard by someone trustable in the industry a PS5 version have Jaguar and he spoke about it inside one Digitalfoundry video, this looks like something with heard about Sony exploring the possibility of a PS4 Pro 2. It was just of the setup they explored and was abandoned later.

If the Github leak is of some old Jaguar PS4 Pro 2 thing they scrapped then that must have been years ago, are there any indications of when there was last testing/work done on it?

If the Github leak is of some old Jaguar PS4 Pro 2 thing they scrapped then that must have been years ago, are there any indications of when there was last testing/work done on it?
Its not Jaguar APU, at least not in Github. Oberon in Github has same OPN number as Flute benchmark, which is an SOC containing 8 core Zen 2, 16GB of RAM on 256bit bus and 13F9 iGPU (Oberon A0).

What if Sony wants to launch at a $399 price point?
Honestly, it's Sony's advantage to be cheaper than MS.
Competing at the same price point is probably to their disadvantage.

This thread focuses way too much on power; when price is every bit as large of a factor.

If 2000 mhz is outdated specs, and changing the CU count this late would be unreasonable, the only way forward is 2170.134 mhz. And liquid nitrogen refill cartridges as part of ps plus.

1 - More CUs than the number mentioned in the Gospel
2 - Higher amount of ALUs per CU than the traditional 64 shader units
3 - Higher clocks
4 - Combination of the above

Yes, specifically when this same 'journalist' actually referred to TF numbers himself.

You'd need to provide us with numbers to prove your claims. I can't do anything with 'its powerfull', 'its close', or even worse, 'people won't notice the difference'.

He's not talking about "general power", nor "effective performance" nor any other subjective term. He's saying they're both aiming higher than 10.7 TFLOPs and there's really no way around that, regardless of the architecture.

If that had to do with Stadia, then that claim doesn't make any sense at all.

I never said it is not legit but from one trustable people said it is outdated.

Who are those 'trustable poeple'?

If 2000 mhz is outdated specs, and changing the CU count this late would be unreasonable, the only way forward is 2170.14 mhz. And liquid nitrogen refill cartridges as part of ps plus.

Guess the PS5 will be exotic in one way atleast :D Would Sony really create another 'jet engine'? Thought it was enough with PS4 and Pro.

For everything else, I'm not gonna bother replying, you are way to toxic for me to continue to get on that level of discussion. When you have a time and write another pastebin, make sure to link us up.

Have feelings for him also, what if it was your favorite product being at around 9TF, no one can take that easy like that.

For the pixel counters to have difficulty noticing the differences (the same pixel counters who notice differences in the XBoneS vs. PS4 with 28.6% difference), then we're not talking about a 30% difference in shading throughput.
Unless the ability to cover up the rendering deficit is better than what XB1 has.

1 - "PS5 has less TFs" -> he actually says the opposite:
The argument isn't explicitly in favour of either machine. It's just saying a possibility. The rumours people are counting the TFs over though are the 9 vs 12.
2 - "better balanced" -> I see no mention of balance in his posts. Is this purely your speculation or is there another post from him that I'm not taking into account?
"You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

3 -"probably 1800p" -> I see no mention of upscaling in his posts. Like the post above, is this your speculation?
Yes. He didn't go into any details like upscaling. He just said one machine may have a TF deficit but be better at using it.

"one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

An explanation for that on my part, because zero hardware details were given, is that the machine with less TFs could be using better upscaling than the other one, and produce results that it takes pixel-counters a long while to figure out what its rendering (which is becoming harder anyway because there's not really a single render resolution and hasn't been for ages).

He says end users aren't going to see any difference, which is different from users not seeing a big difference. Which means we're not talking about 9.2 vs. 12 TFLOPs.
The guy, who's not a native English speaker and so you're basing an awful lot on what's an inherently weak communication, also says some people can see a laser pointer on the moon and some like to sit 30cm from their 4K TV to see if the game is 4K native or not, neither of which is exact. That should point you towards his communication being very general and you shouldn't be trying to parse specific words for meaning. His point is that it's very hard to perceive, subjective, the difference. He does not say that's because the machines are the same power, but because flops don't give the whole picture. I repeat...

"one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

Specs aside and just looking at the veracity of the various rumours/evidence/leaks.

I still don't understand how some will apply wide open interpretation for raw data, yet will try to apply specific and narrow interpretation to fairly subjective human words and sentiment.

This thread focuses way too much on power; when price is every bit as large of a factor.
For some people it's "better than MS console no matter what or go to hell", they never think about lower performance likely means lower price.

Specs aside and just looking at the veracity of the various rumours/evidence/leaks.

I still don't understand how some will apply wide open interpretation for raw data, yet will try to apply specific and narrow interpretation to fairly subjective human words and sentiment.

When the narrative doesn't fit, opt for another!

Don't see how it can be $399 unless Sony is willing to take a huge bath. The SSD and additional memory will bump it $50 minimum if little else goes up from the PS4 Pro. That gives a price of $449 for an 8tf ps5 vs $499 for a 12tf Xsx. Is that still a big enough price difference for the power gap? I don't think so.

"You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."​

"one could have more TF than the other and give less performance. You should think less about TF and think more about machine balance."
Ok, 2 cars in the parking lot. a balanced Yugo and an unbalanced Corvette, I'll take the 'Vette.............
....I'm sure you're happier since you're, you know, balanced. :p:no::p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back