Austrailia to build Solar "Tower of Power", 1010m

Clashman

Regular
If this ends up happening, it'll be pretty damned ambitious.
http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=166806&page=1&pp=20&highlight=solar+tower

Solar tower compared:
solartower3lf.jpg

I'm surprised K.I.L.E.R. didn't jump all over this one. It looks absolutely crazy.

That`s the one with the heat from the desert rising up causing the turbines to rotate?

Thats been around the news for at least a year now.

<reads article>

Yeah, but it's worthwhile because it's actually getting pushed forward in the approval process, (according to recent news reports), and so stands a chance of actually happening.

What worried me the most is that there is actually an internet forum about skyscrapers, where people meet to talk about.... errr..... skyscrapers...? :|

I can only imagine the WTC fanboys having flaming wars with the Taipei Tower fanboys!!!

:devilish:

_xxx_ said:
And they can't even upgrade...
not true, buildings have upgraded antenas(things of that sort) to add a couple feet here and there. I believe the WTC did that to regain a record.

epic

london-boy said:
What worried me the most is that there is actually an internet forum about skyscrapers, where people meet to talk about.... errr..... skyscrapers...? :|

I can only imagine the WTC fanboys having flaming wars with the Taipei Tower fanboys!!!

:devilish:

ya, whats next?....boards where people fight over pixels rendered by different video cards? :oops:

Back