ATi unveil R420

Mabye we will never get these new cards .

nvidia will have the 6800 ultra still wiating to hit stores so that when ati finally announces the r420 nvidia knows how to beat it . But ati never does and so neither release the cards .

Thus the 9800xt will be the best card for another year .

digitalwanderer said:
The only thing I'm sure on right now with regards to whatever-the-hell-they-call-their-actual-top-end-model-whenever-it-comes-out is that no one knows anything about what it's going to finally end up being right now....not even nVidia. They're waiting for ATi to show their hand before they figure out what they'll need to beat it, and they're going to try their balls off to whatever the cost. 8)

You're still talking about the 6800Ultra and not some quick refresh part, right? 'cause in that case... am I the only one bored to tears about this "show me yours, I'll show you mine"...? :? I'm not even particularly impatient ( no viddy card update for me this year ) but this is just awkward IMO.
When will we finally have all (OK, at least the flagship) cards on the deck? ( dig, I believe this one is yours to answer... )

According to www.3dchips-fr.com, the X800Se should be slower than a 9800 pro.
The XT should be faster than the 6800U in normal settings but the X800Pro slower. And with AA+AF enable (4* + 8*?) the 6800U and the X800XT should be really close.

Evildeus said:
According to www.3dchips-fr.com, the X800Se should be slower than a 9800 pro.
The XT should be faster than the 6800U in normal settings but the X800Pro slower. And with AA+AF enable (4* + 8*?) the 6800U and the X800XT should be really close.

Of course this is based on pre-release benchmarks - so think will like change when the cards are officially in store.. Also may change when Direct X 9.0c is released.

One thing ( even after removing comma on website ), I could not find anything on this site that references the speed comparing the two. I think this information is fake because site reference is foreign language and not correctly mention. Just a hunch.

Back