ati tv-out wont give color

Hi,

I just got my new htpc gfx card but im having a bit of a problem. Its only connected with tv-out (s-video to scart) but it wont give color, only black and white. Now I had the same problem with the nvidia card I had before but I managed to fix that by just trying out every output option and I believe making the driver thinking you were using the yellow old style connector made it work. But that option doesnt seem to be in CCC. Does anybody know how to get color?

I dont understand whats the problem anyway. I got a normal pal tv, a normal gfx card, and pal settings. Seems to be that there shouldnt be a reason for it not to work right.

maybe there is a jumper on the card to set pal or ntsc? or maybe you can edit the bios for that?! or in the driver settings?

It sounds like your TV is wanting Composite and the video card is outputting S-Video
Try different SCART slot in your TV, usually only one of them supports S-Video. Also, try checking if you can select modes in your TV; for example in my good old 28" Sony Trinitron widetube TV, there's separate "2" and "2S" sources to choose from, they both use the same scart slot, but the other is for composite, the "S" for s-video. Then there's similar for input 3, which is in the right hand side of the TV, "hidden" panel, with RCA (composite+audio) and S-Video plugs, I use the S-Video in it, and if I choose input "3" in my TV, I get black'n'white, but as soon as I choose "3S" instead, it's working properly

I tried my other scart slot already, that didnt work. Kinda strange if you notice that it actually has my wii with scart cable connected to it... My av cable only has scart so I cant use the other connector. I'm not sure about any tv options. Never really noticed any of that in the menu but I'll check it out. Also its not a very old tv so I dont know why it has this problem as it always worked fine on my parents tv who have a old cheap one (mine was cheap too, but atleast its somewhat modern cheap ;)).

But you are probably right that the tv wants composite. Thats who I also fixed it with the old card by setting the connector type to composite. But as far as I know CCC does not have any option to set that. Maybe there is some way to force it?

The only way to get composite is to use composite cable instead of s-video cable

Back