ATI to show Nvidia no mercy!!

radar1200gs said:
Nagorak said:
IMO Quincunx was really only useful on the GF2 line which were really too slow to use "real FSAA". From GF3 onward Quincunx became more or less outdated.
Except that GF2 cards are incapable of Quincunx FSAA. This was first introduced with GF3.

You're right... /me removes foot from mouth. I guess it basically has no use whatsoever...

arjan de lumens said:
Solipsism : The theory or view that the self is the only reality.

Actually I'm not very surprised that some people might actually believe that. Compared to other things that people believe. All you have to be is really self-centered, to an extreme...

Nagorak said:
arjan de lumens said:
Solipsism : The theory or view that the self is the only reality.

Actually I'm not very surprised that some people might actually believe that. Compared to other things that people believe. All you have to be is really self-centered, to an extreme...

On the surface it might seem like someone could believe such a thing. But, if you really begin so study the implications of such a philosophy, you find very quickly that the individual would have to be clinically insane. To truly believe that your mind (conciousness) was the only thing that existed, and everything else, including your own body, were simply constructs of your imagination is... well... impossible IMHO.

I think KILER's opinions on image quality are not that different.

WOW! You people really know how to attack someones opinion.
If I like blur then what is the problem?

Can anyone please tell me what I like because most of the people here are incredibly "self-centered". I am not allowed to like blur according to most people.
I need all your permission on what to like.
Can I like:
Mars Bars?
M&M's?
QAA?
Doritos?

I'm begging you to tell me what I like!

I have just lost respect for most people on these boards.
My opinion on IQ is MINE alone. :rolleyes:
If someone else likes it then fine.

I just dislike it when people generalise that EVERYONE has to like it this way or they are insane.

SirPauly said:
Quincunx to me is still a positive feature over-all because it helps smooth out the edges more than just a x2 RGMS setting. The ability to sharp'n textures and add anisotropy certainly helps the slight blur.

Only problem is that text is blurred. I can't stand that.

K.I.L.E.R said:
WOW! You people really know how to attack someones opinion.
If I like blur then what is the problem?

Can anyone please tell me what I like because most of the people here are incredibly "self-centered". I am not allowed to like blur according to most people.
I need all your permission on what to like.
Can I like:
Mars Bars?
M&M's?
QAA?
Doritos?

I'm begging you to tell me what I like!

I have just lost respect for most people on these boards.
My opinion on IQ is MINE alone. :rolleyes:
If someone else likes it then fine.

I just dislike it when people generalise that EVERYONE has to like it this way or they are insane.

Can i think your opinion is wrong?

Actually, I think having an opinion that Quincunx is good is perfectly reasonable. After all, it does reduce jaggies, and many videocards have 2D sections that blur as much as QAA anyway - not to mention cheap or old monitors causing a similar effect. It can make the scene look "smoother," and for some that might look good.

What I find hard to swallow though is how you can truly believe that low resolution and low framerates look good. My opinion is that your opinion is a farce, and not your true opinion, but only a pseudo-opinion to draw attention to yourself... which you have done nicely. :D

320*200 resolution, approx 5 fps

Best racing game I have ever played. Atari 520ST, Microprose Grand Prix. Got GP2, GP3 and GP4 now... they dont even compare to the first game.
Best racing game ever.. had awesome 3D gfx too. ;)

Bigus Dickus said:
Actually, I think having an opinion that Quincunx is good is perfectly reasonable. After all, it does reduce jaggies, and many videocards have 2D sections that blur as much as QAA anyway - not to mention cheap or old monitors causing a similar effect. It can make the scene look "smoother," and for some that might look good.

Right, but though my video cards can easily do higher than 1024x768, I always run everything at that resolution for the sole reason that everything is very crisp and clear (crappy monitor). Blurring any part of the screen just gets to me after a while.

I can kind of understand some people liking QC, but I'm not sure anymore that it did anything to improve image quality on the GeForce3 (without the gaussian recombination). That is, if you take a look at just a black/white border with QC, it will have no more shades of color than 2x FSAA. You can check for yourself with a piece of paper, drawing it out.

And on my GeForce4, the only difference I notice using FSAAview on the poly edges was that the intermediate shade of color was lighter, but it still looked like just two shades of color. This change may be better for some monitors (akin to the Radeon 9700's gamma-correct FSAA), but mine seems to do somewhat better without gamma correction (speaking of which, I still wish the R9700 had an option to adjust how much gamma correction is done in with its FSAA...).

Ok then, now that is settled. :p
My monitor is very good all round. QAA is nice at bringing a fake cheap motion blur like effect to every game. :)

Bigus Dickus said:

What I find hard to swallow though is how you can truly believe that low resolution and low framerates look good. My opinion is that your opinion is a farce, and not your true opinion, but only a pseudo-opinion to draw attention to yourself... which you have done nicely. :D

(speaking of which, I still wish the R9700 had an option to adjust how much gamma correction is done in with its FSAA...).
I agree
Giants on my setup doesnt look completely right with AA enabled.
I wonder if the Game Gamma setting would resolve this but to be honest I hate fiddling with display panel settings nowadays... but I guess that is because I am spoilt :)

Back