Assassin's Creed lead platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kia

Newcomer
I know that this is a common knowledge that 360 is the lead platform and had been form day one, but I want some respectful confirmation about it. Anyone of you industry insiders and developers can confirm this or link me to any confirmation regarding this?
Much appreciated.

I know that this is a common knowledge that 360 is the lead platform and had been form day one, but I want some respectful confirmation about it. Anyone of you industry insiders and developers can confirm this or link me to any confirmation regarding this?
Much appreciated.

Oh God!

Not again.. Does it really matter at all?

I know that this is a common knowledge that 360 is the lead platform and had been form day one, but I want some respectful confirmation about it.

There is no "comon knowledge" about this matter. Cos nobody knows anything!
The game was announced first for Playstation 3, then 1 year later it becomes multiplatform.... We are talking about UBI here, it was probably multiplatform from the start.

The game was announced first for Playstation 3, then 1 year later it becomes multiplatform.... We are talking about UBI here, it was probably multiplatform from the start.

Wrong. It wasnt announced for PS3 first at all. It was announced for Xbox360 (or Multiplatform)as ProjectX oder Project Assasins in a Press Conference (MS i think)
So i guess that makes Xbox360 the lead platform. Doesn't matter anyway since both versions look similar.

But they didn't show PS3 version at all. How does it make sense at all if 360 is not the lead platform? I thought it's common knowledge.
All demonstrations of this game were running on 360.

Wrong. It wasnt announced for PS3 first at all. It was announced for Xbox360 (or Multiplatform)as ProjectX oder Project Assasins in a Press Conference (MS i think)
So i guess that makes Xbox360 the lead platform. Doesn't matter anyway since both versions look similar.

It's first announced as a PS3 game, then at X05 Peter Moore confirmed that it'll be released on 360 too:
http://videogames.yahoo.com/newsarticle?eid=401039&page=0
Singling out Ubisoft for praise, Moore also revealed that two PlayStation 3 games from the publisher would also be coming to the Xbox 360: Gearbox-developed WWII shooter Brothers in Arms 3 (tentative), and the still-mysterious Project Assassin, which looks like a bloodier version of Thief. He also offered the first glimpse of Splinter Cell 4 via a trailer that promised that the game is coming "online and offline in 2006."

Jade Raymond specifically said in an interview that the game will be optimized for the 360 and will NOT be optimized for the Playstation 3.

I am sorry I cannot provide a link. I do not remember exactly where she said that. But I know she said that for an absolute fact.

Interview from last month:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200705/N07.0523.1653.37195.htm

GI: When Assassin’s Creed was first announced for the 360, there were some comments made that there might be some differences in that version. Is everything going to be pretty much identical, or will there be any differences between the PS3 version and the 360 version?

Raymond: There shouldn’t be any differences at all. We’re sharing the exact same assets. The engines have the same capabilities. ...you’re not going to see any difference. And that’s our goal—to deliver the exact same experience on both of them.

Jade Raymond specifically said in an interview that the game will be optimized for the 360 and will NOT be optimized for the Playstation 3.

I am sorry I cannot provide a link. I do not remember exactly where she said that. But I know she said that for an absolute fact.

If that's true, it's gonna tank on the PS3 like FEAR did.

i do not think she said that. it doesn't surprise me you cannot provide a link.

even if it were true, she would not publically say it.

Actually she did, I remember it, she said that they couldn't get the ai to work as well on the ps3. Then Ubi sent a press release saying that both versions would be identical and so on...

Actually she did, I remember it, she said that they couldn't get the ai to work as well on the ps3. Then Ubi sent a press release saying that both versions would be identical and so on...

Saying that they couldn't get as good AI for the PS3 is a far cry from this statement below.

Wrong you are, young padawan.

Assassins Creed was announced on Sony 2006 E3 pressconf by the name "Project Assassin". They showed this trailer:
http://playsyde.com/leech_2522_en.html - 2006-05-02

Almost 6 months later, Jade Redmond played the demo on X06.
http://playsyde.com/leech_3106_en.html - 2006-09-27

Have you read my link ?
1up 9/29/06 :
"We've suspected Assassin's Creed was coming to Xbox 360 ever since its E3 unveiling, but only recently did Ubisoft disclose the poorly-kept secret to the world. What's even strange is that the Xbox 360 version will actually sport better crowd artificial intelligence, according to a report on IGN.
"While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on achievements. The hardware also allows for improved threading, which will improve even further the crowd AI," the impressions read."

Strange how you don't remember the story about a week later when someone from UBI (possibly Jade herself) corrected the statement.

The AI is identical, the issue was they found it slightly easier to do on the 360s three-core cpu than they did on CELL and the SPUs.

Strange how you seem to read the first line of your quote, because i mention the press release from Ubi in the second part...
Ubi seems to have issues with the cell, they've had a lot of trouble to make GRAW2 at a decent framerate on PS3. Well, we don't even know yet if they have achieved it yet.

Strange how you seem to read the first line of your quote, because i mention the press release from Ubi in the second part...
Ubi seems to have issues with the cell, they've had a lot of trouble to make GRAW2 at a decent framerate on PS3. Well, we don't even know yet if they have achieved it yet.
What does GRAW2 (developed by Red Storm/Ubi Paris) have to do with Assassin's Creed (developed by Ubi Montreal)? Completely different teams, completely different games running on different engines.

My friend who talked at X06 with AC devs told me that 360 is the lead SKU (and devs were indeed bitching about PS3 development, but maybe it changed). Not that it really matters - we'll see in November how the versions compare to each other. Now AC is said to eventually look and run identical on both platforms.

The press release isn't what I am refering too, it never said anything about the games being identical, it only addressed the AI issue.

Besides, last I heard the games were not identical, the PS3 version has a dodgy(er) frame rate and better looking textures than the 360 version.

It will be fine for both versions. Both systems are within spitting distance of each other in terms for performance. Maybe a few missing textures here and there on one or better framerate on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back