Assassin's Creed lead platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ? Where have you read that ? I've been wondering for some time.
The textures issue seems kinda weird, usually, the 360 seems to have better textures in multi games (possibly due to its ram).
Well, we'll see which version is the best to get later this year. I can't wait to play that game.

It was in a recent interview from a dev at UBI.

He was weighing up the two versions saying that the PS3 version looks slightly better and the 360 had a slightly better framerate, implying that each version has it's advantages and equal measure of disadvantages against the other.

It was in a recent interview from a dev at UBI.

He was weighing up the two versions saying that the PS3 version looks slightly better and the 360 had a slightly better framerate, implying that each version has it's advantages and equal measure of disadvantages against the other.

Sorry, they don't tell PS3 version got "better" textures…

GI: When Assassin’s Creed was first announced for the 360, there were some comments made that there might be some differences in that version. Is everything going to be pretty much identical, or will there be any differences between the PS3 version and the 360 version?

Raymond: There shouldn’t be any differences at all. We’re sharing the exact same assets. The engines have the same capabilities. Both systems have different things going for them. With PlayStation 3, currently, you can see maybe a slight difference in some of the textures. With Xbox 360 right now you may see a little bit smoother framerate, maybe a couple more frames per second right now. It’s so negligible right now that unless you’re sitting there looking at them both side by side, you’re not going to see any difference. And that’s our goal—to deliver the exact same experience on both of them.

From http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200705/N07.0523.1653.37195.htm?Page=1

He says each version has something going for it, therefore mention textures in reference to the PS3 version he is indeed saying it has better looking textures.

Yep, they do not say whether it's better on 360 or ps3, though one may understand that the ps3 has better textures.
Framerate is quite important to me, and a better framerate could result in vsynch on :cross my fingers/knock on wood:

Sorry, they don't tell PS3 version got "better" textures…

As a linguist as well as a computer programmer, I think the quote can only be interpreted as such:

Both systems have something going for them. An example of what the playstation has going for it is slightly better textures. An example of what the 360 has going for it is slightly better framerate.

If you think differently, I'd be interested to hear why. ;)

As a linguist as well as a computer programmer, I think the quote can only be interpreted as such:

Both systems have something going for them. An example of what the playstation has going for it is slightly better textures. An example of what the 360 has going for it is slightly better framerate.

Well, if the 360 version is superior in most aspects, it could just be an example of her struggling to find positive things to say about the PS3 version, using very clever PR language.

I've found analyzing PR statements too closely is an exercise in futility though.

I think if PS3 version have got better textures they simply tell it…
Jade only say "you can see may be a sighly difference in some of the textures".
To incertain to be a affirmation…
But you can interpreted it in differents ways due to the not clearly tell… It's a PR discussion don't forget this.
The only thing I sure it's Jade have make a good work on this point ;) .

I think if PS3 version have got better textures they simply tell it…
Jade only say "you can see may be a sighly difference in some of the textures".
To incertain to be a affirmation…
That statement has to be heared with the preceding sentence...
There shouldn’t be any differences at all. We’re sharing the exact same assets. The engines have the same capabilities. Both systems have different things going for them. With PlayStation 3, currently, you can see maybe a slight difference in some of the textures...
Why say both systems have different things going for them, and then list things the XB360 has the advantage over, and things the PS3 doesn't have the advantage over? If you don't want to draw attention to differences for PR reasons, what with one platformhaving all the upper hands, you'd be better off just saying they were pretty much identical and not drawing attention to differences.

Not sure how PS3 would have better textures seeing it has less RAM available than 360 (regardless of ambiguous PR statements). Not to mention every UBI cross plat game has run/looked better on 360 to date.

Hopefully the AC team has spent enough time with Cell to get it running the way it should on PS3.

'Better looking textures' could mean better filtering or shaders applied as well as meaning the obvious higher resolution or more of 'em.

Well, it has 512mo as well but the architecture is different, if I'm not mistaken (256CPu 256 GPU for the PS3 and 360 :512 for both).
I agree with you about multisupport and ps3, and I wonder whether they're sharing knowledge...

That statement has to be heared with the preceding sentence...

Why say both systems have different things going for them, and then list things the XB360 has the advantage over, and things the PS3 doesn't have the advantage over? If you don't want to draw attention to differences for PR reasons, what with one platformhaving all the upper hands, you'd be better off just saying they were pretty much identical and not drawing attention to differences.

They say this only for fanboys ;) It's PR !
They have to flatter both X360 and PS3 fanboys, and this fanboys need to know that their version was the best (and also their consoles).

Personally, I'm thinking that the both version will be near the same… with some sligt differences :D

You do know PS3 has reserved some of that RAM for the OS right? (It was discussed here in B3D before)

yep, more specifically it has reserved more of that 512 RAM for OS than 360, so it has less physical available for games... allegedly... according to reports here and elsewhere.

but as Shifty pointed out available RAM is not the only factor of texture quality.

Jesus Christ whats wrong with these forums lately? I feel as if I am in forum boards I dont want to name that are infested with fanboys.

I dont even see the point of the existence of a whole thread that discusses "which is the lead platform". Especially in such a manner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back