Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Played couple of games. Stopped at level 12 and unlocked two abilities. Game looks really nice. There is one tutorial level then you can go online.
Game is up to 6 players minimum ( up to 7 or 8 ? ).
you choose one character select your customized abilities then jump in the map

L1 = Targetting
R1 = High profile and run
X = jump, wallrun, climb
Square = Assassination move.
Circle = Humiliate your pursuewer
L2 / R2 = special abilities

You have targets which change everytime another player kills the target or you kill him. And you have pursuewers which are the other players.
You can hide , seat on benchs, and with L2 disguise special ability change and disguise as someone else for 10 seconds approximatively.
If you play well you can win over 3000 points to 5000 + points. The better you do a stealth kill the more you score a point. depending on your rank you can have 4 other people to chase behind you. Map is averagely large enough but you just run and run and see targets but you can miss your target or get killed after killing someone or while killing someone.
Otherwise it's pretty fun but there still some bugs. especially on the lobby when you create a party.
When you want to play alone you can find easily a game.
When you are in a party with 2 or more friends.the game desync and you are separated. You can't mute people who shout in their microphones.

I' ve never played Assassin's Creed 1 or 2 and I manage to finish in the first 3 to 4 players out of the six.
I m really interesting in the game for its multi stealth multiplayer mode bu I ll probably pass on the single player.

You get score points by doing stealth kills. I m the kind of a rusher guy in MP games so I don't camp too much. but the game is really addictive if you play with people you know.

From the early feedback it seems the MP is actually quite good. I admit I'm a bit surprised. Still, can't say I care too much about it but it's sounding like a nice extra for those who love the SP.

Here's some SP footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW09NDlBjK4&hd=1

I like the idea of the sync challenges for the missions. Should be interesting.

Also it looks like they've made a ton of improvements to the engine. This level in particular looks like it was ripped straight from FC2; they're already using their vegetation system and now it looks like they're using the sunshafts as well. Then there's the shadows and SSAO (SSAO in a different vid). Nice all around but a lot of chugging when he blows the towers up.

Played couple of games. Stopped at level 12 and unlocked two abilities. Game looks really nice. There is one tutorial level then you can go online.
Game is up to 6 players minimum ( up to 7 or 8 ? ).
you choose one character select your customized abilities then jump in the map

L1 = Targetting
R1 = High profile and run
X = jump, wallrun, climb
Square = Assassination move.
Circle = Humiliate your pursuewer
L2 / R2 = special abilities

You have targets which change everytime another player kills the target or you kill him. And you have pursuewers which are the other players.
You can hide , seat on benchs, and with L2 disguise special ability change and disguise as someone else for 10 seconds approximatively.
If you play well you can win over 3000 points to 5000 + points. The better you do a stealth kill the more you score a point. depending on your rank you can have 4 other people to chase behind you. Map is averagely large enough but you just run and run and see targets but you can miss your target or get killed after killing someone or while killing someone.
Otherwise it's pretty fun but there still some bugs. especially on the lobby when you create a party.
When you want to play alone you can find easily a game.
When you are in a party with 2 or more friends.the game desync and you are separated. You can't mute people who shout in their microphones.

I' ve never played Assassin's Creed 1 or 2 and I manage to finish in the first 3 to 4 players out of the six.
I m really interesting in the game for its multi stealth multiplayer mode bu I ll probably pass on the single player.

You get score points by doing stealth kills. I m the kind of a rusher guy in MP games so I don't camp too much. but the game is really addictive if you play with people you know.
Appreciate the rundown on the multiplayer, but you shouldn't overlook the singleplayer portion for this game. SP is this series' specialty, ignoring it would be pretty callous to say the least.

Buy (or at least rent) the game and try the SP, if you don't like it then you leave it alone. If you want to, you could buy AC2 for cheap and then see if you to try AC: Brotherhood.

Also it looks like they've made a ton of improvements to the engine. This level in particular looks like it was ripped straight from FC2; they're already using their vegetation system and now it looks like they're using the sunshafts as well. Then there's the shadows and SSAO (SSAO in a different vid). Nice all around but a lot of chugging when he blows the towers up.

All of this was already in the latest Prince of Persia game. (And none of it really mattered because the dull art direction ultimately ruined the look of the game)

All of this was already in the latest Prince of Persia game. (And none of it really mattered because the dull art direction ultimately ruined the look of the game)

Shadows weren't, but mainly I meant that they were able to work this all into AC which is much more open than the Prince of Persia - quite an achievement considering that the last game didn't run so well already. And gotta disagree on the Prince of Persia; the game looked fantastic for the most part.

Shadows? Of course the game had shadows (and SSAO too). Anyway, I agree with you. Much more impressive seeing this in a game such as AC.

Shadows? Of course the game had shadows (and SSAO too). Anyway, I agree with you. Much more impressive seeing this in a game such as AC.

I meant it looks like they have a new shadow system (or much improved the old) from what I can tell - that wasn't in the newest PoP I don't think either.

Reminds me of the "assassin" game played at dorms. Everyone is given the names of someone to assassinate and the goal is to rack up the most kills. If you assassinate someone who has 3 kills, you adopt those kills.

But since you don't know the targets of anyone else, there's no way of knowing if the person you're targeting is going to get you bonus kills. So you have to stalk your quarry but at the same time, be vigilant against another out to get you.

That may be one way a multiplayer AC game might work, that everyone has a target and it's not some AI-controlled character but others.

Saw a TV commercial for this, featuring a jester character that you would get for free by preordering the game.

Looked like a medieval Joker, going around breaking people's necks while maintaining a psychopathic grin.

They played Yankee Doodle Dandy to these clips of the jester killing people.

Doesn't the game still take place in Florence? Strange song choice.

I'm interested in this game, but I'm a bit hesitant about the MP aspects. Is it enjoyable? Are there any co-op MP or is it strictly every man for himself?

I think there's some team mp modes but no actual co-op missions or such. I only played the beta and from what I played it was surprisingly quite good. I could've been better though but supposedly they've made a whole bunch of changes since the beta.

Back