Are we due for another Paradigm shift in 2005/2006?

london-boy said:
I take it happened to you...

And i'm italian too as u know, but i know how the system works so u'll never catch me red-handed. Kinda like the Mafia huh... ;)

Sonic fancies me so u won't get anything from him :LOL: (Sonic, I'M JUST KIDDIN!) *ducks*

Heck, I'll join the party since I'm Italian too. And I have many relatives that really DO look Mafiosi ;) Zio Tony..... :eek:

I'm still planning on sitting out the next generation for a long while.

Too many excellent games on the Xbox, GC and PS2 to enjoy.

My game playing time is pretty limited and I have no desire to move on just yet.

Another factor is having a 480p display. I don't plan on dropping a wad of money to go to a 1080p plasma for at least 3 years. By then the Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD situation should be resolved. It will be clear which console has the best support and Nintendo will either deliver something fun with their new controller or prove it's just a gimmick like the Eyetoy.

In the next few years I looking forward to introducing my Children to videogames, I don't need a new system to do this. I'm sure they'll get a lot of fun out of the Eyetoy, Singstar and Dancemat games.

As it is, I already find it very distressing that the game world moves so quickly, especially with online play, the Burnout 3 servers are quiet now, everyones gone to Revenge. But I don't need to buy another iteration of this game with minor improvements.

It's a shame that games have such a sort lifespan. I'm looking forward to replaying stuff like Ico & Prince of Persia:Sands of Time. I enjoyed both the REmake and MGS:Twin Snakes despite having completed the originals multiple times. We are at the stage now where games like these don't need to be replaced and can still be enjoyed despite there age.

I hope publishers continue to support the current generation for a little while longer. They are not dead yet. I'm glad Polyphony are squeezing in one more title before they move to the PS3. Team Kojima are giving us virtually another MGS with the new camera and online gameplay. We've got another Soul Calibur, the first time we've had two of these on one console. I thought the delay to Zelda was great. It will be Christmas '06 before it hits the UK:). Even Shadow of the Colossus won't hit the UK until Easter next year. (And hopefully the extra dev time will make this the best version as was the case with ICO.) Then there is the new Level 5 RPG, Black from Criterion and Stubbs the Zombie. 2006 is going to be a good year for the current generation.

Back