Archive Thread of Screenshots of Ridunkulous Quality and Size [2007-2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the things you overclock are cooled by water with a radiator outside the case hence the fans are cooling what exactly, your northbridge ?

but the things you overclock are cooled by water with a radiator outside the case hence the fans are cooling what exactly, your northbridge ?

Dude the radiator is inside the case..... I've never understood why you hate fans, this isn't the first time you've commented on the amount of fans I use.

I have a cooler master Cosmos S with the radiator fitted internally onto the roof as it's designed to go there by Coolermaster.

6 ans on the radiator
1 rear exhaust
4 blowing air into the case...

The radiator is clearly visible inside the case on the first load of pics I posted on page 70....

My Graphics cards are over-volted to 1.3v running 1Ghz on the core's and they never go over 45c and my 4.1Ghz Phenom 2 x6 never goes above 40c...... I'm a hardcore overclocker/gamer.... no some wannabe PC enthusiast....I do it all for performance....

It really isn't as bad as you think it is...

Mize : No offence mate but that's an eye sore, At-least spray the case internals black or something :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mize : No offence mate but that's an eye sore, At-least spray the case internals black or something :)

LOL. Like I said before, my days of caring past cable routing, good airflow and cool temps are pretty much over. If I decided I wanted the inside of my case to look different I'd just go buy something different :)

PS: you have too many fans! ;) and your photos cheat because nothing is plugged in!

LOL. Like I said before, my days of caring past cable routing, good airflow and cool temps are pretty much over. If I decided I wanted the inside of my case to look different I'd just go buy something different :)

PS: you have too many fans! ;) and your photos cheat because nothing is plugged in!

I'll have you know you cheeky bugger ALL my devices and leads were plugged it ;)

Yea, they blend in quite well against the black powder coat tbh ;)

That's just too cheezy. You need an aluminum case and then you need to get it anodized! Or, better yet...cadmium plated!!!!

[Mize considers photochopping his rig photos to earn the favor of the almighty]

ok this is pretty suspect for the "Ridunkulous Quality and Size" if quality means of the actual game and Size being the resolution. but if Quality is the encode qulaity and Size is the file size then i think its a goer

ok the game we all knwo and love after you have applied about 100 mods
Untitled0-20-57-54.png

so the main thing i wanted to show was OBGE shaders,

here we have a pic with the following shaders applied:
god rays, a screen space AA, Volumetric SSAO ( HBAO hurts my 4850 to much), a "blech bypass filter" . godrays doesn't seem to work for me with AA on ( your meant to be able to force AA via CCC and still have godrays work but not for me). the AA filter makes the leaves blury in stills but the actual effect on a moving leaf looks far better then 4 or 8X MSAA but it doesn't remove all the jagged lines, the people who work on the mod almost universally agree that 2X MSAA + filter AA gives the best overall effect.
Oblivion.exe%200%2008-48-47%20.png

the following is with out godrays but all others applied, you cna really see the difference with the light on the tree.
Oblivion.exe%200%2008-49-08%20.png

and this is with no filters applied, the blech bypass filter is what stops that washed out look that looks horid once you see it with the blech bypass.
Oblivion.exe%200%2008-49-33%20.png

i had some much better screenshots but for some reason my atitray tool changed its screenshot folder to a different (non exsistant ) folder and they didn't get saved....

there are some massive updates coming as well for OBGE such as a dynamic shadowing plugin.
Oblivion2011-01-2022-49-43-16.jpg

Oblivion2011-01-1516-37-16-93.jpg

there is even work going on to allow the shadow pluggin to get data from the godrays etc shaders so that can dirrectly affect shadows.

Last edited by a moderator:
the underwear doesn't seem to work for me. that said i hadn't retsarted my computer in like a week and now forced AA + godrays works, so im playing around with it, 2xMSAA + AAA + the AA filter.

8xAA + 8xTSSAA that actually WORKS.. ;)

How exactly (please) did you set that up - both in-game and in CCC?

I put a comment in your other thread that even in-game FSAA corrupts a few textures.
For example at 1920x1200 with Crossfired 6970s on 11.1a with 8x in-game AA, if I start the mission "Recovery" and go into the trailer by the dead guys (right at the start) the metal shelves have dorked textures in a few spots. This goes away if I disable in-game FSAA. This is not related to crossfire as it's there with only one card running too.

When I force modes from CCC (by running in dx9) it doesn't look as good as the in-game FSAA on things like fence lines, etc.

How exactly (please) did you set that up - both in-game and in CCC?

I put a comment in your other thread that even in-game FSAA corrupts a few textures.
For example at 1920x1200 with Crossfired 6970s on 11.1a with 8x in-game AA, if I start the mission "Recovery" and go into the trailer by the dead guys (right at the start) the metal shelves have dorked textures in a few spots. This goes away if I disable in-game FSAA. This is not related to crossfire as it's there with only one card running too.

When I force modes from CCC (by running in dx9) it doesn't look as good as the in-game FSAA on things like fence lines, etc.

Set 'AA Mode' to 'Adaptive AA' in the CCC

Now the ONLY way to get TSSAA to work is to run the game in DX9 mode, It will not work for DX10 for some reason.

Create a shortcut for Crysis and add -devmode -dx9 at the end to force the game load up in the DX9 render path.

When in game go up to a tree/bush with MSAA turned off, then turn it on and see if the tree has been smoother out :)

See if your Crossfire still works then, Turning on MSAA with Adaptive AA in DX9 killed my CrossFire... maybe it won't for you as you have a new generation.

If it kills Crossfire then get back to me..

ok, that works...don't even have to override settings it would seem. AA looks better and 50-110 fps the whole time. I still get that messed up texture I mentioned above, but that's very rare.
I had already swapped the Warhead Cvars in per your other thread. I'll try the default cvars tonight...time to go to work.

One more thing almighty: in the other thread you say you're using 4xMSAA with edge detect and here you say 8x AAA...?

One more thing almighty: in the other thread you say you're using 4xMSAA with edge detect and here you say 8x AAA...?

I've had to drop down to regular 8xMSSA as in some levels my 5850's struggle with edge detect, A problem your cards shouldn't have :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back