archie4oz, is Square doing a new Parasite Eve game?

G

I know you no longer work at Square, but before you left Square, were you guys planning on a new PE game? :oops:

Chap:

http://www.cubenation.com/news.php#897

Translation:

BREAKING: New Square Enix project on Gamecube and PS2

CubeNation is able to reveal the developing of Parasite Eve - Rebirth, a title by Square Enix, that will hit the market at the end of the year 2003 on PS2 and Gamecube in Japan. For those who doesn't know the saga, two previous episodes were already launched on PSone, and have had a well deserved success. Parasite Eve - Rebirth will be a brand new episode offering an innovating combat system, digitalized voices, and an astouding technical realisation.

This game, who will be sold in the US and Europe during 2004, will be, according to our asian sources, much more entertaining than the ones before, and offering a huge lasting appeal. This is a game that will be a long-awaited one on Nintendo Gamecube, as this adventure/action pack could pretty much break that for-kids game reputation people have about the Gamecube.

We will keep you in touch when we will have more information.

Hey, that´s excellent news, I love the PE games, although I would have wanted it to be a PS2 exclusive ( :p ).
Although I wonder why archie left Squaresoft? Was the pay not good? Does the work environment suck?

Logan Leonhart said:
Although I wonder why archie left Squaresoft? Was the pay not good? Does the work environment suck?

Probably because he only gets one meal a day and no free soda :p

Archie mentioned he majored in NPR techniques in school, so I wonder if he didnt have something to do with Unlimited SaGa....

I know you no longer work at Square, but before you left Square, were you guys planning on a new PE game?

Yes, tentatively... (there's a lot of Square titles tentatively planned, it's largely up to management on whether or not to go ahead with production).

Was the pay not good? Does the work environment suck?

The pay was quite good, and the work environment did not suck (although I hated being transferred to the US) :devilish:

Probably because he only gets one meal a day and no free soda

Hah! Even better, I had corporate housing! :p Sadly this is a common practice of Japanese companies that has pretty much vanashed these days...

Archie mentioned he majored in NPR techniques in school, so I wonder if he didnt have something to do with Unlimited SaGa....

The answer would be; I doubled in CGI and Illustration, and worked in NPR and perceptual research... As to Unlimited SaGa, the answer would be "indirectly"...

Great news to me ! I like PE1 and PE2 on my PSX and am waiting so long for a sequel on better machines, just hope that it will have a great story plot and progressive output on both PS2 and Gamecube.

Yes, tentatively... (there's a lot of Square titles tentatively planned, it's largely up to management on whether or not to go ahead with production).

:eek:

Why? I thought you were american...are you not?

No, I'm American... But I think Faf is making my point...

chap:

Huh? What's so " :eek: "?

Great news to me ! I like PE1 and PE2 on my PSX and am waiting so long for a sequel on better machines, just hope that it will have a great story plot and progressive output on both PS2 and Gamecube.

Hmmm... Aside from my Aya Brea fetish, I was always more of a fan of the music myself... (of course I used go out drinking with Yoko Shimomura too, so that probably factors in a bit...)

Yoko Shimomura is an extremely-underrated game composer IMO. Legend of Mana and Kingdom Hearts are excellent, excellent stuff :)

Although she did compose the Super Mario RPG soundtrack :cry:

I hope the management agrees to Chrono Brake and Vagrant Story 2 fast!
And of course some totally new games. :eek:

archie4oz,

you are not working for Square anymore? Didn't know that. Where are you working now?

Back