April fool's advice...

Pink stormtroopers! Roffles, I'd give the thumbs up for that one. :LOL:

One problem I see with that idea is being able to deliver it with a serious face without totally cracking up before you tell him it's an april fool's... ;)

*Edit:
Oh, and I probably don't have to say how bad an idea pretending to break up with someone for "fun" is, because you already seem to know it's a terribly terrible idea. :p

london-boy said:
Would it be a bit much if i pretended to dump my boyfriend (recently officially named The Love of My Life by yours truly)...?

Like, text him something like "i've been thinking about this for a while now and i don't think we should keep this relationship going, you're not the one for me and i better break this up now before it's too late"....

He would obviously call me, i wouldn't answer the phone...

Then after 10 mins text him back "APE REEL PH00L!!"

Bit much huh.......
Tell him you found god and you wanna lead a heterosexual life.
better yet tell him you found a girl :D

John Reynolds said:
And speaking of April Fool's jokes, I don't think I dare pull one on my wife. Her 36th birthday party was two Sundays ago and I led the happy birthday song with a rousing chorus of "Old Gray Mare." I'm amazed I'm still alive, though. :p

Here's a pic from that night.

"Old gray mare" still looks like girl-next-door hottie to me, pardnah. Count your blessings, you March fool. . .

April fools jokes with personal relationship issues aren't such a good idea, I think.

When I was younger and foolisher, I did two at work a couple years apart.

1st, on a really big multi-month development project with a very hard non-moveable deadline of May 1, after we'd been working on it for a few months already, I wrote a long memo to my boss explaining that the work directory had accidentally been deleted, since it was new for this project only we'd forgotten to add it to the backup scripts in the first place, so it was all gone. . . and no way to redo the work again to meet the deadline. I went on and on for, well, 10 paragraphs. The first, capitalized, letter of each para spelled out APRIL FOOLS. She read it with me sitting at her desk looking grim. She turned gray and started sweating. She asked me questions about how this could happen. After a bit I finally told her that maybe there was one way out. . .and suggested she look at the first letter of each para. . .

She yelled, threw things at me, then ran off with it to pull the same trick on other Vice Presidents. . . But then we had a really good relationship anyway, or I wouldn't have tried such a thing.

2nd, and worse one, still feel bad about. Changed the logon of an IT coworker/project team leader, to start an initial job at logon that said "Deleting all production files. Would you like to Continue (Y/N)?" Of course it didn't matter what you entered. . . it went off for 30 lines of "DELETE" "DELETE" "DELETE", etc. At the end of which, it looped back and asked the question again. . .she's freaking, I'm yelling "What did you do? What did you do? My god, answer 'N' this time!" Etc.

That one was mean. She wasn't too stable a person and I think I damn near gave her a nervous breakdown. The only good thing was she was so relieved to find out it was a joke that she didn't complain to management. . .

london-boy said:
Would it be a bit much if i pretended to dump my boyfriend (recently officially named The Love of My Life by yours truly)...?
Sounds like a great joke. I'm sure your boyfriend will absolutely never have any doubt about you or your relationship with him in the future after making such a joke about your relationship with him. You know him enough, right?

geo said:
April fools jokes with personal relationship issues aren't such a good idea, I think.

When I was younger and foolisher, I did two at work a couple years apart.

1st, on a really big multi-month development project with a very hard non-moveable deadline of May 1, after we'd been working on it for a few months already, I wrote a long memo to my boss explaining that the work directory had accidentally been deleted, since it was new for this project only we'd forgotten to add it to the backup scripts in the first place, so it was all gone. . . and no way to redo the work again to meet the deadline. I went on and on for, well, 10 paragraphs. The first, capitalized, letter of each para spelled out APRIL FOOLS. She read it with me sitting at her desk looking grim. She turned gray and started sweating. She asked me questions about how this could happen. After a bit I finally told her that maybe there was one way out. . .and suggested she look at the first letter of each para. . .

She yelled, threw things at me, then ran off with it to pull the same trick on other Vice Presidents. . . But then we had a really good relationship anyway, or I wouldn't have tried such a thing.

2nd, and worse one, still feel bad about. Changed the logon of an IT coworker/project team leader, to start an initial job at logon that said "Deleting all production files. Would you like to Continue (Y/N)?" Of course it didn't matter what you entered. . . it went off for 30 lines of "DELETE" "DELETE" "DELETE", etc. At the end of which, it looped back and asked the question again. . .she's freaking, I'm yelling "What did you do? What did you do? My god, answer 'N' this time!" Etc.

That one was mean. She wasn't too stable a person and I think I damn near gave her a nervous breakdown. The only good thing was she was so relieved to find out it was a joke that she didn't complain to management. . .
You one crazy mofo :LOL:

geo said:
"Old gray mare" still looks like girl-next-door hottie to me, pardnah. Count your blessings, you March fool. . .

Heh, a much better pic. I bought her an Oreo ice cream cake, which is what she wanted. Hard to cut, but oh-so-fun to eat.

I played a really mean April Fool's on my wife about 10 years ago. She used to work 3rd shift at the hospital and I was awake in bed. when she got off that morning. I have large lungs (based on a college biology test we did in lab years ago for air capacity) and can hold my breath for a long time. So she walks into the bedroom and I'm laying there with my eyes open like I'm dead. She runs over in a panic and started crying, so I had to end it there. Man, I was in hot water for a few days.

Attachments

• 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
Maybe she was crying because your life assurance hadn't been underwritten yet?

John Reynolds said:
So she walks into the bedroom and I'm laying there with my eyes open like I'm dead. She runs over in a panic and started crying, so I had to end it there. Man, I was in hot water for a few days.

Now that was really quite heavy!

John Reynolds said:
Heh, a much better pic. I bought her an Oreo ice cream cake, which is what she wanted. Hard to cut, but oh-so-fun to eat.

I played a really mean April Fool's on my wife about 10 years ago. She used to work 3rd shift at the hospital and I was awake in bed. when she got off that morning. I have large lungs (based on a college biology test we did in lab years ago for air capacity) and can hold my breath for a long time. So she walks into the bedroom and I'm laying there with my eyes open like I'm dead. She runs over in a panic and started crying, so I had to end it there. Man, I was in hot water for a few days.
You rule :smile:

Back