April fool's advice...

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Would it be a bit much if i pretended to dump my boyfriend (recently officially named The Love of My Life by yours truly)...?

Like, text him something like "i've been thinking about this for a while now and i don't think we should keep this relationship going, you're not the one for me and i better break this up now before it's too late"....

He would obviously call me, i wouldn't answer the phone...

Then after 10 mins text him back "APE REEL PH00L!!"

Bit much huh.......

The problem with that is you might get a message back saying "actually I was thinking the same thing, and I guess I might as well tell you that I've been seeing someone else and was just trying to find a good time to tell you. It's such a weight off my mind that you've told me it's not working for you either and want to split up too." :devilish:

Of course he might call you back 10 minutes later and shout "April Fool!" down the phone at you - but he might not, because pissing about with people's feeling like that are often the sort of thing that partners get dumped over. Don't say I didn't warn you!

An April Fool is an amusing joke where no one get hurt. Pretending to dump someone is just cruel IMO, and is the sort of thing some people don't forget. Ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you really want to pull this, or are you just looking for a really effective April Fool's joke?

I'm just afraid he might actually try to kill you. :rolleyes:

OF COURSE I wasn't gonna do it... before i asked your advice.... ;)

No seriously, i wouldn't do that REALLY.....

I need to find an effective one though.

london-boy said:
I actually thought about the same thing earlier... Which is a bit worrying actually...

Hehe. Pure logic, don't worry. I don't see you becoming a guitar-playing metalhead smoking a fat joint while doing chicks in black latex ;)

well we(collegues) send an email to my boss sosaid, coming from the anti piracy bureau in brussels .... wuhuaha you should have seen his face .

london-boy said:
I must say that's actually really funny.
First, because of the marrying thing, then for the pink stormtroopers thing... :LOL:
...third because you've allready told him so, but meant it seriously. :)

OK seriously, I just want to chime in with the others saying that you should never joke about things like breaking up. Or anything else that initially makes your beloved sad. Just the fact that a partner thinks that's fun could hurt almost as much as actually being dumped.

And speaking of April Fool's jokes, I don't think I dare pull one on my wife. Her 36th birthday party was two Sundays ago and I led the happy birthday song with a rousing chorus of "Old Gray Mare." I'm amazed I'm still alive, though. :p

Here's a pic from that night.

Attachments

• 36b.jpg
    36b.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 43
John Reynolds said:
And speaking of April Fool's jokes, I don't think I dare pull one on my wife. Her 36th birthday party was two Sundays ago and I led the happy birthday song with a rousing chorus of "Old Gray Mare." I'm amazed I'm still alive, though. :p

Here's a pic from that night.
Aw, Megan is getting huge! When did she stop being a baby?!?!? :oops:

I have better ideas:

Go into a public place and then proceed to urinate on public property and then yell "April Fools".

Urinate into a plastic bag and throw it over your neighbour's fence and yell "April Fools".

Take a poop and place it on a big pedestal and raise it high enough for your neighbours to clearly see and yell "April Fools".

Back