Anyone tried a PodXT?

oi

Regular
I'm thinking about buying one to fool around with at home so I can avoid making my neighbours want to kill me. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Ugly (I'd say yes!)? Or any other recommendations?

I've got one that I use at home.

If you want the expression pedal, though, I'd recomment buying the PodXT Live. Its considerably cheaper than buying a PodXT and then the pedal.

I really like my PodXT, but the lack of an expression pedal is a negative. When I bought mine Line6 didn't offer the Live floorboard model. Honestly though, if I was to go out an buy a new piece of gear, I'd probably look into the new DigiTech GNX 3000. When it comes to effects it should be more flexable and robust than a PodXT.

I looked at the PodXT Live before and was sure that it was missing something that I probably wanted on the PodXT, but now I can't remember what it was :?

How are the model packs btw? I talked with a friend who said it was basically a must-have to buy the extra model packs (especially if you wanted a nice metal tone) and that they were alot better than the standard stuff.

And yes, most people seems pretty pleased with it, but I was sure that the I'd at least get a couple posts that would trash it at Beyond3d :p

oi said:
I looked at the PodXT Live before and was sure that it was missing something that I probably wanted on the PodXT, but now I can't remember what it was :?

How are the model packs btw? I talked with a friend who said it was basically a must-have to buy the extra model packs (especially if you wanted a nice metal tone) and that they were alot better than the standard stuff.

And yes, most people seems pretty pleased with it, but I was sure that the I'd at least get a couple posts that would trash it at Beyond3d :p

Getting metal tones won't be a problem. "Spinal Puppet" on the PodXT is very metal as is "Insane". "Treadplate" was an old favorite of the original Pod users that got removed from the PodXT. I think thats available as a download now though.

My big issue with the PodXT is the "Wah". You can have only one stomp box on and the "Wah" is on the same slot as fuzz pedals so you can't have both going at the same time. Also since there is no expression pedal, its an "auto-wah". Pitch shifting along with some other effects don't come with the PodXT.

The big challenge for the gear makers is to get the older tube amps to sound "tubey" with the digital technology. I think the modern metal type of sound is accomplished quite well by newer gear these days.

Back