Anyone having problems shopping from PSN today?

Are you guys trying to buy on a foreign PSN.
Because if it is the case, you can forget it, SONY's policy is to prevent anyone from shopping on a foreign PSN (the PSN you can shop in depends on the country that your credit card bank is settled in).

So to make it short ... if your credit card is from a British bank, you can only shop on the British PSN.

Of course it is not automatic, that is why so many of use could shop abroad without problems, but it seems that Sony is checking every PSN account to make it up to its policy.

That is an outrageaous policy, completely consumers'unfriendly.

F**k it.

Are you guys trying to buy on a foreign PSN.
Because if it is the case, you can forget it, SONY's policy is to prevent anyone from shopping on a foreign PSN (the PSN you can shop in depends on the country that your credit card bank is settled in).

So to make it short ... if your credit card is from a British bank, you can only shop on the British PSN.

Of course it is not automatic, that is why so many of use could shop abroad without problems, but it seems that Sony is checking every PSN account to make it up to its policy.

That is an outrageaous policy, completely consumers'unfriendly.

F**k it.

How much of this is "official"? Because I've been successfully buying from the US store with my Swiss Creditcard since pretty much the beginning of PSN without any problems. The reason I'm doing this is not to get content cheaper, but because the content I want to buy can not be bought in English in our local PSN store. My PSP is set to the US account for this reason, so there's no way I'm going to set it to a different account.

What about the people on this forum that live in a country that doesn't have a PSN store? Or people living abroad like myself?

I would also like to think if my creditcard becomes "invalid for its purpose on PSN store" that I can at least expect an error message along those lines and not just some 8 digit error number.

:???:

Back